Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: TTT - Removal of Metal Screws post-op  (Read 674 times)

Offline willk

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
TTT - Removal of Metal Screws post-op
« on: October 04, 2009, 04:07:34 PM »
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone out there has had the metal screw removed from their leg after the TTT operation.

Im now ~9 months post op, and I feel as if the metal pin might be causing me some discomfort when walking/running.

Im hoping to find out from others experiences of having the screw removed. Can anyone comment on the procedure? how long will it put me out-of-action for?

thanks for any replies

Offline KW

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • My new PFJR...Love It!!!!
Re: TTT - Removal of Metal Screws post-op
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 04:28:56 PM »
I have had all of my screws removed for a variety of reasons.

The actual procedure to remove the screws is a piece of cake compared to the original TTT.  Mine was done in the out patient surgery center.  I was in the OR for 20 min,  never on crutches,  had no pain only a little sore for a few day and only took OTC Pain relievers when needed. MY OS opens a small incision directly over each screw to remove them and then just puts one or two stitches to close.   I had the procedure on Friday and was back to work on Monday.  Once the stitches were removed my OS released me to my normal activities.  I am not a runner so I can not say it I would have been released to run at that time also.

Best of luck,
Karen
Right Knee
2000 - 2002 - Scope,LR,TTT,Unscrewed
01-10-12 - PFJR

Left Knee
04/07 TTT/LR
08/07 Bone Grth Stim
10/07 Loose/Bent Screw
1/08 Unscrewed/MRI~NON-UNION
02/19/08 Lt  TTT Revision W/Graft
12/09/08 Scope