Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Anyone had Hydrotherapy ?  (Read 576 times)

Offline NEVERSLEEP

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Anyone had Hydrotherapy ?
« on: October 04, 2009, 03:00:38 PM »
I joined a gym last Monday that has a hydrotherapy pool. I couldnt see the the sports therapist that owns the gym so went on the cross trainer but after 5 mins i got off because my ankle was sore so used the rowing machine for 5 minutes then gave the owner a phone and he said he would b there in half an hour so back on the rowing machine for 30 minutes even though i have only -6 extension and 95-100 flexion. After that i waited in the waiting area for him to arrive and the 1st thing he said was "i hope you werent using the gym" because he only wants me using the hydrotherapy pool for the 1st few weeks.
My idea of hydrotherapy was i just sit and it bubbles around me but when i got in he took me up to the top of the pool and plugged a white tube into the pool and told me to hold the other end in the water because it would take my head off and told me to look behind at tile to show the force of what it can do. He turned  40 minute cycle on and told me to point it 6 to 12 inches away from my leg and do the quads, hamstrings, knee and calfs. It is a real weird feeing seeing all the fat that used to be muscles just wobbling about the place. I have been 4 times this week and after the 3rd time my medial side was very sore. Afterwards he gets me to do exercises in the pool and seemsto be able to walk without a limp in the pool but when i get out im still limping very badly but he thinks alot of the limping is in my head, maybe he is right.
Is this normal Hydrotherapy?
14-06-09 Fracture of left lateral tibial condyle, small avvision of tibial spine, grade 3 tear of mcl and acl and damage to lateral meniscus
22-06-09 Mcl repair, meniscus repair + 3 screws to repair Tpf
23-09-09 Brace off released to fwb
16-11-09 3 screws and 2 washers out
27-11-09 Infection

support