Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Conformis implant - expected result ?  (Read 11589 times)

Offline Osprey

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Conformis implant - expected result ?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 12:14:53 AM »
I would love an update from you Osprey.

Thanks,

peg Leg
If you want an update of my op ...
 Take a look at my post op diary, that is up to date
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=45266.0
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 09:03:43 AM by Osprey »

Offline Osprey

• Regular Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 07:48:59 PM »
OK ... update requested.
Now 9 months after Op. 

Fully able to cycle, walk, swim, row, etc.  ... in fact exercise as normal (avoid running) .... I think the serious work on the Cybex machine helped a great deal in 'balancing' the legs.

I can walk up & down stairs no problem, even if my downward movement is a little heavier when load bearing on the op knee.

As it's the summer have been scuba diving frequently ... only had an issue after one long (80 min finning ) session, knee was decidedly uncomfortable and reduced movement slightly for a few days.
I waterski & wakeboard on it every week .. although have been unable to return to kneeboarding.
Waterskiing is restricted in that you use your knees as shock absorbers, and in rough water, there is a limit as to how much I can do this without excessive pain on the knee.
Noticed on some video clips that I am skiing with op leg a lot straighter than no-op leg.

Restricted range of movements -
If I grab foot of non-op leg I can flexion bend it until heel is touching buttocks ... but with op knee I still can't do this, I can get it to about 125 degrees just by flexing the leg muscles, but if I try to push  it back further there is significant restriction at back of knee, and a lot of pain under patella.
Feel like there is a cord or rope going taut and preventing movement.

It is not comfortable to adopt a kneeling position on the floor, and I certainly can't 'sit back' onto heels.
I would love to regain this movement as I could get back to kneeboarding, which I really miss.
haven't seen surgeon for 6 months ... so I'll ask him what I can do to regain movement.

Knee is decidedly 'crunchy' ... and you can feel it grinding if you rest your hand on patella.

I take a daily dose of Chondroitin, MSM, Glucosamine
have not taken any pain killers or anti-inflammatories for 6 months.

I did have a 6 week period at about 6 months pots op. ...where it was painful while lying in bed, and I had a pronounced limp on first few steps on getting up ... but that seems to have now disappeared.

At rest my op leg is not as straight as the other, about 5 degreee less, I can keep it straight, but that requires effort.

Even standing up straight (and still) op leg is slightly bent at keee, but as before I can 'force it' straight, but it's not that way by choice   :)

I would love to learn form anyone of any treatemnt to regain full movement.

My neighbour is an Orthopaedic Surgeon (not knees) ... and we were discussing last night that what we need is the ability to just shine a green light on knee and cure it Star Trek style ... switch on the sub dermal regenerator, set to Oesteo recalcification ... and engage the Flux capacitor.

Guess I'll be long dead before that happens.   :'(

Offline bikerblair

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 04:00:36 PM »
Is anyone able to tell me how they are doing 6 months to 1 year out on an Iforma implant. I am 5 months and still walk with a limp. Pain is still 4-5 with each step and my surgeon expects me to get to a 2 or less. I am better each month but it seem very slow and strairs are very painful.

Offline Osprey

• Regular Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 05:08:56 PM »
My update & diary is excatly that .... 10 month post op

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=45266.0

It's not perfect, but I was out water skiing yesterday ... so certainly better than position 3 months after op.