Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Not sure where to put this,  (Read 683 times)

Offline nsibarra

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Not sure where to put this,
« on: September 23, 2009, 06:40:05 AM »
Hi guys,

Been a little while since I posted, but I'm back. I'm not sure how to describe this but I'll try. I'm about 7 months out from lateral meniscus repair w/ sutures on my left leg. Knee was locked and I had no choice. It's been doing ok, still some stiffness and pulling, but I can deal. It's my right knee that is giving me probs now. I'm not sure if it's just tired and overworked from the last 7 months or what. Seriously, I could only walk and stand properly on my left leg starting like 3 weeks ago. But, the right knee feels a bit unstable and I keep getting these pulling sensations in my knee, they don't last long, just enough to make me stop walking and start again. It feels like its the muscles, but I can't be sure. It also has been only happening when I'm walking. I've been so long walking funny, that I feel like I don't know how to walk properly. Do you think this is a matter I should take to my ortho? I just feel off balance since my surgery, even when I'm standing, I kinda teeter totter a bit, like I can't find a stable position. Anybody have issues like this or similar?

Offline bumknee83

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Not sure where to put this,
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 10:28:26 PM »
When your rehabbing from one injury/surgery the unaffected side gets kinda put on the back burner.  It sounds like you need to start PT on it too.  It could be overuse too.  Its hard for us to say, were not doctors.  It would be in your best intrrest to get this looked at too.  I know after my first knee surgery I was like that for a whlie and they just increased the PT for a little bit but they did it on both sides instead of just one.  I was ok after about a week or two.  You probably just have to learn how to walk normal again. 
Apr 05-right MPFL repair
May 08-tore right medial meniscus
Jun-Sept 09 4 patella D/L
Aug 09-had CT scan
10/15/09 rt medial closing wedge HTO/MPFL recon w/ transplant
12/4/09 rt patella fx
12/7/09 rt ORIF
6/10 shifting hardware and non-union
7/10 patella h/w removal
7/12 need tibia h/w removal

support