Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Advice on returning pain  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Railbob

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Advice on returning pain
« on: September 20, 2009, 07:51:39 PM »
Hello Folks,
              I had a history of knee pain going back about three years and back in January I had Arthroscopy on it. The consultant told me he had found some "Scuff" marks on the top surface of one of the miniscus and there was some "feathering" also though I may have misheard him. The knee was washed out and after about two weeks of physio the pain had gone.Now the pain is returning especially when I am more active at my work or keeping fit. Has this happened to anyone else and what was the outcome.

Cheers

Railbob

Offline krisvanhofwegen4

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Advice on returning pain
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 04:37:55 AM »
Hi,
Yes, I to have returning pain, as I write this! I had the same thing done to me. Started working out at the gym, and felt pretty good for a long time. Now that I'm working again, and the weather has changed my knee is very sore. Did the OS say anything about arthritis? Chances are that is the end result. I love walking the tread mill, and lite weights, pool exercise. Have to limit myself so I don't hurt it again. Its a real bummer too. I lost 10 lbs. and need more to loose. I'm looking at a TKR in the future. What about anti inflammatory meds? That helps me alot! Good luck !     

Offline Railbob

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Advice on returning pain
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 05:35:40 PM »
Thanks for the reply, The surgeon told me that there was no sign of arthritis so it's unlikely to have developed this fast. As for anti inflammatory drugs I do not like taking them as they don't really have an effect unfortunately.

support