Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: PE after telling OS about text book pain of DVT on Left TPF  (Read 11403 times)

Offline f.flujan

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
PE after telling OS about text book pain of DVT on Left TPF
« on: September 17, 2009, 04:31:42 PM »
Hi everyone, suffered TPF on left side on July 1, 2009. Went to OS and was compaining of burning aching pain in calf, behind knee area. Told him that my wife and I were concerened with possible DVT.  Me beiing a firefighter/medic, and wife being R.N. I would have thought OS wouldnt blow this off since we had somewhat of an idea of what we were talking about. He checked it and said i was just sore and that i shouldnt be concerened. 1 month later I'm in the ER and hospitalized. At the time wife and I were very upset because this could possibly have been prevented if Ultrasound was done, blood work done and started on blood thinners. I'm not the lawsuit type of guy to seek every oppurtunity to sue and make money but this to me is unacceptable especially if I  straight out told him my concern of a clot. I know this is not a law or attorney site but if i could do something to help someone not go through this it would be worth it. Does anyone here have some idea if this is something the doctor had some fault or is this just a lost cause. Going to an attorny i think he would jump right on it. Just trying to get an idea of what you guys think. thanks

Offline crankerchick

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 25
  • How 'bout them Cowboys!
    • Derotation osteotomy & TTT Post-op diary
Re: PE after telling OS about text book pain of DVT on Left TPF
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 05:14:26 PM »
I don't have any legal insight unfortunately, but since you mentioned posting for the reason of helping someone not go through what you have, I would just add that for anyone else going through the same thing, a second opinion might be useful. It sounds like you felt very confident in your suspicions of DVT, and a person finding themselves in a similar position, if possible, they might consider getting a second opinion if they are that passionate. I know this isn't possible everywhere, but where it is, it might be helpful (and evidently, lifesaving, at the least, time and money saving)!
Mar '07 - plica excision
Oct '09 - femoral + tibial derotational osteotomy & TTT
Aug '10 - hardware removal
"You control your leg. Don't let it control you." -Smart trainer
"Get your a$$ in gear and go for it! Nothing will happen until you make it!" -Smart doctor

support