Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Torn ACL? MRI images inside  (Read 23661 times)

Offline avs5221

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Torn ACL? MRI images inside
« on: September 16, 2009, 06:09:32 AM »
Hello All! New to the board but I'm desperate for answers  :-\ Went to an ortho last week for mild-moderate knee pain (localized to front under patella and side near MCL). He suggested a possible meniscus tear and sent me in for an MRI. Between that visit and the MRI, I saw a sports chiropractor I go to on a regular basis. He performed Lachman's test, which I utterly failed, indicating a likely ACL tear. Long story short, I have the images from my MRI, but no report yet--the promise to get it by the end of the week. Since the ortho didn't seem to recognize a potential ACL tear, I was wondering if anyone here could take a look and make an educated guess.  ;D

Not much more background, but the actual tear likely occurred 6 months ago playing hockey. The most recent host of symptoms started 2 weeks ago after I mistook a step and twisted my knee bearing weight.

Any information would be much appreciated!

Pictures enlargeable!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 06:40:31 AM by avs5221 »

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
Re: Torn ACL? MRI images inside
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 01:26:36 PM »
Sometimes it's hard to tell which is why they send you for an MRI. I would never ever take the word of a chiropractor over an orthopedic surgeon. They are not medical doctors and have no business messing with your knees.

Offline still_active

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • No more blowouts please!
Re: Torn ACL? MRI images inside
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 12:12:15 AM »
I am no doctor, but the lower right MRI film sure looks like a torn ACL to me.
June 1995 - L. knee buckled (martial arts)
July 2006 - L. knee buckled (throwing a ball)
August 2009 - L. knee buckled playing laser tag - complete ACL rupture, medial & lateral meniscus torn
September 23, 2009 - surgery:  ACL reconstruction (allograft) / meniscus repair