Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Conformis Iforma Unseat = Pain and misery...  (Read 1575 times)

Offline ltdorn

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Conformis Iforma Unseat = Pain and misery...
« on: August 17, 2009, 07:08:01 PM »

Hello all,

After 2 ACL reconstructions and 2 Ortho to remove cartilage and floating pieces in my left knee leaving very little cartilage , i had my Conformis iforma implant completed on 28 Jul09. Everything was doing fine until 16 aug09. In the morning while still in bed, i rolled from my side to my stomach and lifted my leg up so i could put a pillow under my foot to hold my foot up a bit and then a ton of pain and aching....

Then to the hospital for Xrays and the implant had shifted and wedged out of position. Right now i can barely move it and its grinds very badly. So much pain. It feels like my knees a gearbox and someone threw a wrench in there and it seized all up. I see my doc tomorrow to see what the repair plan is. This Sucks.

So i thought these things were supposed to fit perfect. I cant even say i was fighting off buglers or a grizzly bear! I was just rolling over in bed.   

I was initially happy with the implant as my knee was not grinding anymore, but NOW i am leary of it....

Anyone else heard of the Iforma slipping?

Lawrence
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:11:57 PM by ltdorn »

Offline ltdorn

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Conformis Iforma Unseat = Pain and misery...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 02:51:10 PM »
so the docs tried to manipulate the implant back in place yesterday but now go......

I am going in for surgery today to place it back in place..... oh boy.... :(

Lawrence

Offline elizabethb

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 06:06:28 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about your problem and pain.  I am scheduled to have the Conformis Iforma put in both knees on 09.17.09.  Is there anyone out there who has had a bilateral?

Offline ltdorn

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 06:49:15 PM »
so 4 days  after surgery i can walk around without crutches short distances (with brace on) without alot of pain... also down to one pain med right before bed to help with sleep.
i am still sleeping with brace but i take it off when i am sitting in my chair.= during the day.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 02:48:40 AM by ltdorn »

Offline ltdorn

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 05:34:35 PM »
7 day:    i can walk around without crutches; however, the knee will take a while to get the Range of motion back. so i  still walk with a limp and a slow walk that is.
so when walking around with the only pain coming from the bending of the knee. So with little bending of the knee when i walk, there is really no pain.

I need to watch out and not get to overconfident. :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 03:54:58 PM by ltdorn »

Offline ltdorn

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 04:01:23 PM »
lol....

I tried to sleep last night without a pain pill. I had my brace on but i forgot to lock it straight! So as you dream you move around alot... and i moved my leg too much and got too much pain. yeeeoooo.
So now awake, lock my brace, take a pain pill and back to  sleep.

:)

Offline bikerblair

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 08:43:27 PM »
I just read your last post about a scheduled Iforma implant (bilateral) for August 09. I was wondering if you had this done and what your experience was like?
I had my right  knee ,medial, done in May and am still having some problems even though I am a little better each month.  I still can't go up stairs well due to pain and I can't seem to build up my  r quad even though I bike every day about 6 miles.