Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: sharp pain in knee when sprinting  (Read 1558 times)

Offline roandbob

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
sharp pain in knee when sprinting
« on: August 15, 2009, 01:44:33 AM »
Hi,
I am hoping someone can tell me if I need to be worried.  I've been running for the last year.  In June, I started to have a lot of pain in my butt, and upper hamstring while running.  This pain would continue down to my knee and was so severe but dull that i was taking tylenol w/codeine to deal with it.  I stopped running and the pain improved.  I just started to run on the treadmill after 2 months, just running a mile or so, very slowly.  This morning, I was watching my daughter running her last qualifying lap around the track, and she seemed to be slowing down so I sprinted after her to encourage her to sprint.  While I was sprinting around the curved part of the track I heard/felt a creak/rip/pop kind of sound and at the same time felt an unbelievably agonizing pain on the inside part of my knee which promptly collapsed.  I'm not sure if it collapsed because of the pain or instability.  I managed to lean on my daughter and walk back to the car, but my knee still hurts.  Its slightly swollen, but not too painful when I'm walking until a sharp pain hits and I stumble because my knee isn't moving.  I don't want to go to the local doctor because I've been through hell with the local ones around here and my last knee injury to the knee led to surgery after when I developed arthrofibrosis and patella baja .  It took me years to get that knee functional, after four surgeries, and it will never be pain free. Does anyone have any idea what could have happened to me today?
Thank you for reading my post.

Rose

support