Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Great North Run Problem  (Read 540 times)

Offline MDHowarth

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Great North Run Problem
« on: August 14, 2009, 11:09:32 PM »
i am doing the bupa great north run on the 20th of september, i have gradually been building up the distances that i have been running for seveal months now, however i recently went on an adventure holiday to switzerland where i did no running however i did a lot of other activities, upon returning home i rested for a day and then went out on a 6mile run.
It was only after completing this run that i began to feel pain in my right knee, there was no pain during running however after the run i felt a dull pain down the inside of my right knee and a slightly sharper pain on the front of my knee just below the bone, i rested for a couple of days longer than i would have done normally and the pain eased and i then went out on a shorter 3mile run, the pain returned after that run with the same knee and with the same pains in the same areas and with some more sharp pain on the back of my knee towards the top. I have rested now for a week and the pain comes and goes, there is a very slight dull ache almost all the time and when walking the sharp pain on the lower front and upper back is worse. can anyone help me as i am supposed to be running in the 2009 great north run?
any advice or diagnosis/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Offline zepher

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Great North Run Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 01:34:28 PM »
Hi im not 100% but it may be your cartlidge, previous to my surgeries you explain similar symptoms to what i experienced, especially the coming and going of the pain, the only way to know is to see the
OS, he is the only one who can give you advice that will put your mind at ease, good luck x