Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 2 knee issues?  (Read 655 times)

Offline mwienken

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
2 knee issues?
« on: August 14, 2009, 05:31:09 PM »
Hi folks, sorry I have to join this community but glad there is one.

I'm almost 40 and have Bipartate Patella. Saw an orthopedic surgeon who confirmed by MRI that the x-ray of two parts of my knee caps was inborn, not due to injury. I went to see him because of what he called patella-femeral pain. He said to watch overuse, etc.

Ironically, after that was cleared up a strange and different thing began to happen. No pain this time, but as I walk sometimes it feels like the muscles around the patella suddenly collapse. It feels like the muscles are falling from their proper position and somewhat overlap the bending area- not allowing me to bend until the muscles (or whatever it is) decide to gather themselves up to their proper postion again. I have searched the web some and can't find anything like this.

Anbody know what this is? Again, there is no real pain involved, but it feels like there certainly would be if I insisted on bending my leg when the "collapse" was there.

(I guess I should also note that since I was about 22 my knees have snapped several times a day when I bend them quickly, almost as if I was relieving pressure, or, as my chiropractor said, the ligament was snapping over something. But this in itself has not been a problem all these years, just an annoyance.)

Thank you for your consideration.