Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: electric shock pain when rising!  (Read 1395 times)

Offline miffedin pain

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
electric shock pain when rising!
« on: August 14, 2009, 04:42:56 PM »
A few weeks ago, I had bi-lateral arthroscopies.... right knee doing well but left causing major probs. I have no kneecap in the left, and during the arthroscopy I had a lateral meniscal tear repaired and had odd pieces of bone removed (debridement). I now cannot put any weight on the left to rise from sitting..... not without intense pain thru the joint that feels like an electric shock and makes me feel very sick. Walking is fine..... just getting to that position is excrutiating.  Any ideas People?  I've had and MRI which doesn't answer the problem, but maybe that's because I was laying flat for the scan, and not putting the stress on the joint!

Offline mwienken

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: electric shock pain when rising!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 12:20:53 AM »
electric shock - sounds like a nerve is getting pinched.

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 04:36:14 AM »
Sounds like a pinched nerve to me, but I'm not an os.  How is the scar?  Do you have scar tissue developing there?  If its somewhat healed I personally would start rubbing that scar tissue every which way as much as you can.  It hurts but might breakup the scar tissue and "release" the nerve, possibly mmaybe!  Good luck, and this is the voice of experience with scar tissue and an entrapped nerve. eagle

Offline miffedin pain

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 06:50:50 PM »
Thanks folks....... I figure nerve is trapped somewhere too. Either that, or it's 'bone to bone' contact. Can't be scar tissue.... only have three little nicks around the knee where they went in. Physio is trying 'taping' the knee...... to release pressure....... but I fear another arthroscopy is on the cards.  ::)

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 10:20:14 PM »
I don't want to totally disagree with you but I am.  "Only three nicks where they went in" is what you see on the outside.  The inside of the scar can, and does, make more scar tissue.  If you will - it kind of grows because it can.  I would work on that - lets face it it won't hurt anything and if might help.  Then again that's just my non medical opinion.  eagle

Of course that is assuming the outside is healed, etc.  good luck