Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: What are my options now?  (Read 586 times)

Offline jchapm21

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
What are my options now?
« on: August 11, 2009, 03:57:03 PM »
I had a knee scope in March this year for a suspected menicus tear but it turns out I have OA in my right knee which was the cause of the discomfort. My surgeon diagnosed the OA at various stages of 1,2 and one area of 3 throughout the knee and he carried out a debridment and wash out.

Since the op things has deteriorated dramatically in that knee, I went back to him and he suggested taking analgesics constantly and that I was going through a 'trough' stage in the disease. The pain, stiffness and discomfort I am now experiencing is way more than before the op, so I asked him if the op could have caused things to deteriorate more rapidly but he said no, I'm not convinced!!

I also had a cortizone injection which lasted about 3 weeks, although I probably did too much on excercise as I was excited about having no pain! It just seems that things have really gone down hill since the op and I'm now really depressed, I'm almost limping constantly and need to know what my options are next, do I go for another cortizone injection or try the Vasco supplements or is there something else I should try. I would like to be as informed as possible before I go back to my surgeon, thanks

support