Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Weird pain at top of fibular  (Read 1665 times)

Offline co12

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Weird pain at top of fibular
« on: August 06, 2009, 02:45:59 PM »
Hey guys
I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I haven't been able to find any information anywhere.  I've been getting this weird ache at the fibula head for the past few weeks.  I've tried wearing a strap whilst exercising, but it is so tender that I had to take it off.  I would be able to handle this if my leg didn't feeling unstable, it keeps wanting to buckle inwards.  I thought it was maybe due to my feet so I went to see a podiatrist, but my feet are okay. I'm confused and was wondering whether anyone has had this and what is the cause of this so that I sort it out before it starts being a problem.
Thanks in advance  :)

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 107
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Weird pain at top of fibular
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 03:51:51 PM »
Hi
Here is a link to some info on the posterolateral corner. This may be useful in discussions - http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEnotes/node/636

Please let us know if you have had any significanat injury to this knee.
--
KNEEguru

Offline co12

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 04:53:08 PM »
Thanks Kneeguru, I didn't know how complicated that part of the knee was!
I have not had any significant injury to the knee but I am slightly knock-kneed and try to be as active as possible - I use the cross-trainer, bike and have regular walks.  I had to stop using the bike as much now though because it causes quite a bit of pain.  The pain is located exactly at the anterior part of the fibula head and it is tender there.  I woke this morning with shooting spasmodic pains all around that area.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 05:01:36 PM by co12 »

Offline cboden51

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 11:00:14 PM »
I had pain there after my PKR and determined that it was probably Ilio Tibial Band problems. Ultrasound followed by deep massage helped a lot. Since then I am careful to stretch religiously and that definitely helps. I also found that biking aggravated it until I lowered my seat so I was not extending my knee as fully.