Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: POST OP /FRACTURED KNEE /ACL RECONSTRUCTION  (Read 8552 times)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: post op
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 11:35:45 AM »
Hi Paul,

Sounds like you are doing well after your surgery 5 weeks ago and glad you seeing a Physio and was not given the option to see one so booked an appointment with my GP so I can also be guided by a Physio as I need advise what I can and cannot do at the Gym when I am fit enough to return.

My surgery fairly minor compared to yours but feel its important to see a Physio after any kind of knee surgery as I am known to be lazy and wont do the excercises given so need to be guided by a Physio.

Your knee will improve as each week passes so must listen to your Physio.

Nick :) {2009} :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 11:41:17 AM by Clarkey »
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2009, 12:16:17 PM »
                                                 47 DAYS AFTER OP

SO TOMMRO I AM GOING TO SEE SURGEN OR SOMEONE  TO SEE HOW I AM GETTING ON , HOPEFULLY THEY WILL GIVE ME THE GO TO GET BACK ON MY FEET AND START WALKING AS NOW I REALLY  WANT TO GET OF THESE CRUTCHES,  SO ON THURSDAY MY PT MARK CAN SAY LETS DO THIS AS I KNOW HE WANTS TO SEE ME DOING MORE EXCERCISES  (I WANT TO DO A 55 MILE BIKE RIDE IN THE SUMMER A RACE WITH MY DAD FROM BASINGSTOKE TO WITTERING ,HE RIDES THE BUS WHILE I CYCLE THE QUICKEST ROUTE  AS I KNOW I CANT DO NO DH RIDING AS IMPACT IS A NO NO PROB  SO ROAD BIKING IT IS FOR A WHILE) SO BACK TO THE KNEE 47 DAYS  OLD MY KNEE IS STILL SWELLED  BUT NOT AS BAD AS IT WAS 6 WEEKS AGO   I AM SLEEPING A LOT BETTER TWISTING AND TURNING IN BED IS FINE ..... I STILL HAVE MINOR PAINS AND A LITTLE DISCOMFORT  BUT NOT ON A SCALE IT WAS 5 TO SIX WEEKS AGO    I HAVE TRYED TO WALK A LITTLE BUT FEELS STRANGE  I THINK ITS IN THE MIND AS BEING ON CRUTCHES AND ONLY DOING 25 % PRESSURE  DOES NOT HELP ...IT FEELS LIKE EVERY STEP MY LEG CLUMPS INSTEAD OF A NICE PRESSURE IT CLUMPS I CANT THINK OF ANY OTHER WORD  FOR IT END OF TRANSMISSION

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2009, 05:32:56 PM »
                                                    DAY 48

WENT TO SEE MR WILSON TODAY WAITED 45 MIN ....LOVE THE NHS..WENT IN TOTHE ROOM ...  MR WILSON CAME IN ASKED HOW I WAS .... TOLD HIM FINE RESTING LEG   STILL STIFF ETC ETC NORMAL PAINS

HE BENT MY LEG TUGGED DID THE NORMAL  TOLD ME MY ACL HAD SET, IT WAS LIKE A ROCK  ...WHOOPIE  AND I MEAN THAT WELL CHUFFED...  SO HE SAID GET OF THE CRUTCHES  AND GET ON WITH SOME SERIOUS WEIGHT BEARING  HE SHOWED ME THE OP  THE TORN ACL   ...nice ...
SO THURSDAY  PT FULL  ON ISH  GET ON MY BIKE IN THE GARAGE AND START WORKING OUT  AND HOPEFULLY BACK TO WORK NEXT YEAR  BY THE WAY HE SAW FOR ABOUT 5 MIN    SEE YOU IN SIX WEEKS MR WILSON .... ;D

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2009, 12:18:31 PM »
Hi Paul,

See that you have been moved to the other 100 post up section, glad your appointment went well with Mr Wilson.

16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 04:48:50 PM »
CHEERS FOR THAT  NICK SORTED

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: post op/ pre op/acl reconstruction/ fractured knee
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2009, 05:31:57 PM »
                                                       DAY 56

I HAVE NOW STARTED WELL INTO MY PHYSIO AND BOY DOES IT HURT WHEN I DO IT .... AND AM WALKING STILL WITH A MILD LIMP BUT I CAN FEEL FULL SUPPORT INJ MY KNEE ,  MY KNEE SWELLING IS  STILL THERE  JUST ABOVE THE KNEE SO WHEN I DO PT STRAIGHT AFTER ,ICE PACKING 10 MINS ONLY
THIS IS THE LIST OF PT I AM DOING AT  MO

TOWEL STRECTCHES 30 TO 40 SECS

TIGHTEN QUADS  30 TO 40 SECS

LUNGING 10 REPS BOTH SIDES

KNEELING   30SEC

STRETCHES CALF HAMSTRING 30 SEC

BANDS SITTING BENDING KNEE 10 REPS AND BENDING 45 DEGREES UP 10 REPS

BALANCE BOARD 5 MIN

MINI SQUATS ON BACK OF DOOR 10 REPS

BIKE LOW RESISTANCE 10 MIN

BRIDGING 10 REPS

WHICH I AM DOING EVERY DAY  TAKES ABOUT 20 MIN IAM WALKING ROUND HOUSE BUT WHEN I GO OUT I USE A CRUTCH...

MY PT MAN MARK TOLD ME I AM UP AND DOWN WITH THE LEG STRAIGHTENING  AND THE I AM NOT WALKING STRAIGHT SO I AM ADAPTING  TO THAT MARK HAD SHOWN ME AWAY OF WALKINGTHE  RIGHT WAY

.MY PAINS FROM MY KNEE ARE MILD BUT I ALWAYS GET 1 PAIN ON MY KNEE INNER
SIDE OF KNEE IN MIDDLE I HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS WILL SETTLE SOON  I HOPE IT DOES .  I HAVE STARTED TAKING 2 COCODAMAL A DAY 1 IN MORNING 1 IN EVENING TO EASE PAIN ..
I DO KNOW FROM LAST WEEK WHEN I CAME OF THE CRUTCHES  I HAVE PROGRESSED A LOT IN 7 DAYS  I AM DEF A LOT HAPPIERTHAN I WAS 6 WEEKS AGO

CHEERS ALLL

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: POST OP /FRACTURED KNEE /ACL RECONSTRUCTION
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2009, 02:30:53 PM »
Hi Paul,

Good idea to change yout title now people can see what type of surgery you have been through. Good you are doing well with your PT and will have to go through pain to make any progress.

Try not to post in capital letters I think it puts members off posting back as it looks like you are shouting. I hope you dont take it the wrong way just want to give you tips and do not mean to be nasty in any way just looks better in normal font rather then having the caps locks on all the time.

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 06:28:35 PM »
                                                                  14 weeks

Losing count on days ....

had my check up today with mr wilson  he was very happy at what stage i am at...  minor pain all round on the knee area ... stuck like glue he replied ..mr wilson wants to see me in 6 months time  and that will be it ... he told me no snowboarding or contact sport for a year hopefully that dont mean biking i am going out on my bike for the first time in nine months on saturday only road .

I am still doing pt every day bar sundays  and walkng alot i have stopped going to the hospital every week  only go every two weeks .. next time i go i will adding on more excercises  so will list what i am doing ...
overall  my knee is getting better  as weeks go on  there are still weekness around area when i do certain work outs  but that is down to not having built up muscle in around knee area .... i am thinking the way iam now in another month i can see a lot of improvment and now a light at the end of the tunnel 

cheers all

paul

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 07:40:23 PM »
Hi Paul,

I am pleased your check up with Mr Wilson went went well for your today its good to read a positive outcome after a scope rather then reading negative postings. As long as you keep on top of your PT you should be fine and sure it will be your last visit to Mr Wilson in 6 months time.

Nick :) {2010} :)

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2010, 02:52:38 PM »
                                                         24/01/10

i just did a 15 mile bike ride around the country side on roads and a bit of offroad  knee feels okay  i could feel my limits on the pressure of riding but after the ride i feel alright no pain   :D

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2010, 04:54:59 PM »
                                                                          106 days

106 days on i am back to work full on now... i had def 3 months of work   ,i am back on my mountain road bike now on sunday weekend s doing about 10 miles round trip....... pt nearly every day as my work is doing a lot of walking bending down walking up and down stairs etc   ....there is still minor pain on  my knee as i say every time now its minor .....but knee still not right there yet still a couple of months away i think may be more ..... i am walikng fine now ...but some time s i forget and start to limp  but not a lot...... as i think i have said i can see the end of the road now its still a bit far away but its there ....cheers yalll

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2010, 07:14:18 PM »
Hi Paul,

Its good you are now able to do more things again and can ride your mountain bike again without to many problems with the knee. Its good you are still keeping on top of your PT as it all helps towards your recovery.

Nick  :) {2010} :)

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2010, 07:39:39 PM »
                                              update

1 year ago last week i my mis fortune

8 months from op

the good news i am back full on with my mountain bike

running and keeping fit .......i have had not much time to go to pt ...but i now have a personal trainer which at the moment i use twice a week and my god he is a god send my legs have improved ten fold .... so very happy...
all i can say at mo i still have little  bug barers on the knee ..as i have been told by some one else who has had acl it takes a long time for every thing to settle so i am very happy with the progress  ....

paul

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2010, 07:14:11 PM »
Hi Paul,

Good for you that your recovery is going well and are now working with a personal trainer, which can only be a good thing as they are really good at their job. I read about ACL recontruction surgery on KG, and it does take time to recovery from the surgery.

Not long now till the World Cup, think it starts next week Friday!

Nick :) {2010} :)

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2010, 05:31:50 PM »
its a long haul mate i am just glad to be riding again and walking properly  .....dont think i will get totally over it but time will tell.....  ihope your knee is getting better send me some feed back on how you are getting on ......COME  ON ENGLAND ..... ;D