Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: POST OP /FRACTURED KNEE /ACL RECONSTRUCTION  (Read 8530 times)

Offline anna82marie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
  • Keep smiling; people will wonder why!!
Re: POST OP /FRACTURED KNEE /ACL RECONSTRUCTION
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2010, 07:06:34 PM »
Sounds like you're doing well! It's so great to come on here and read something positive!

I had a skiing accident Feb '09 and have been to and from Mr Wilsons office ever since! I had some surgery in October and he's doing more at the end of this month!

I met Mark on the ward; My physio is Aileen and is the nicest person to cause me pain.... EVER.

Anyway, glad you're doing so well.

Having just read all of your posts I have just realised that you had your pre op the same day as me and surgery the day after me with the same surgeon (whos right hand man was called Sam; but he has now left).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:11:52 PM by anna82marie »

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2010, 05:23:26 PM »
well i hope you are coping well with  your injury......

mark has been my pt instructor for 8 months ...hes have been great ....

like i  say i am 9months now and still have pain s but minor at that ,still got a bit to go untill the knee is100 %but back to what i love doing  going down hills very fast
and then walking back up them all good excercise for my leg ....

and as i say you should always be positive there are a lot more people worse of then us ...

regards paul

Offline anna82marie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2010, 07:45:12 PM »
There certainly are people worse off than us!

I have just had further surgery done by Mr Wilson, an open posterior capsule release and am now the proud owner of a foot long scar down my leg. I have given my leg a new name and it will only be refered to as 'frankenleg' from now on!

I am struggling to regain flexion again and unfortunately the surgery hasn't seemed to gain me any extension. It did however highlight a problem with the top of my TP - It seems my avulsion fracture didn't heal properly and the top of my tibia is the wrong shape which may be hindering my movement! Back to see Mr Wilson at the end of August so he can look at my X rays and scans and decide on the next course of action!

Hope you're still doing well.

Offline anna82marie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2010, 11:22:59 PM »
Hi Paul!

Just a quick one to say that I hope your knee is 100% these days and you have no left over issues from your accident!
I am back in with Mr Wilson February sort of time to remove the malformed bit of bone on the top of my tib. It sounds pretty gruesome and involves removing my ACL completely, but as the ROM in that knee is shocking anyway it shouldn't make that much difference! He reckons that 6months after he will reconstruct, so it's all good!
Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a pain free 2011.

Anna

support