Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: POST OP /FRACTURED KNEE /ACL RECONSTRUCTION  (Read 8524 times)

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: post op
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 05:36:18 PM »
                                         19/10/09

4 days ago i had my op .....  my leg feels weak  ....but only being 4 days old  i guess thats why .....
 i am doing my phsyio 4 times a day and walking on crutches up a down my road  just for  fresh air  i hate being stuck in a house all day ...  then just resting i am ice packing every couple of hours  keep ye swelling down ....on the pain barrier  i have not been in much pain at all  i have a few throbs here and there but overall  out of ten  i can say 3 to 4  and thats from the start of my op day  drugs helped .....i have been on cocodamal for a couple of days but not regular  if i can cope with the pain i cope ...

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 07:10:31 PM »
Hi Paul,

I seen from another posting of yours you are having problems sending a personal message to Sheila the Owner of Kneeguru. It completely slipped my mind that you have to have 20 plus posts to be able to send a personal message to other members and Sheila. She know as The Kneeguru and not Kneeguru which can be found below each subject under Moderators.

Post in The Games Room section under the Quizzes, games & fun contests to make your posts up to 20 and can then send a personal message to Sheila and other members on KG.

Glad your making some progress in your recovery.

Nick :) {2009} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 06:09:24 PM »
                                                   22/10/09

had my first pt training  today  .......so i have got to try and keep my leg straight its just not there at mo  ....i was told to do more bending of knee so 10 reps knee bend 4 times a day 10 reps leg straighten a day 4 times a day....
today my leg has been painfull was trying not to have to many meds ....but i need them  it hurts  ...from 1 to 10  its been a 6  ... so thats 1 week on ..... i have a long way to go ....

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 07:06:19 PM »
Only need to do 5 more posts before you can send personal messages.

Its going to take some time to get your knee back to normal and will feel alot of pain for the 1st couple of weeks after your surgery. I dont know what its like myself as I not had surgery yet but been reading up what other members have been through after surgery.

16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 02:38:28 PM »
                                                   25/10/09

feeling a lot better today ..... still struggling to get round on my crutches  but the pain is not as bad as it was a couple of days ago ..... cant tell if my knee is any better until i start proper physio....  i  can feel it give way from time time  but iknow it takes a while for  my new acl to set  ....  and i need to  excercise to strenghen up my leg  cause there is  no meat on my left leg at    the moment .... alll i know on a personal side its very hard for my wife  as we have two baby children  and i am the third.... it s a lot of pressure on her ...alll i can say i s a ilove her to bits ...  :) :) :) :) :)

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 04:59:56 PM »
                                                         26/10/09

noting much today done my physio  have no pain as doing meds daily  ....had a look at my knee today  it doesnt look that swollen  ...it still looks alot bigger than my other knee but not as bad as my fracture looked  .....now that was ugly  had a look at one of key holes cant believe how small the hole is genius  these surgeons ...end off 

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 08:04:32 AM »
                                                   28/10/09

nearly two weeks   .....feeling alot better these last couple of days still feel little bits of aches and pains in the knee area .......as being self employed i have to sort jobs ,out like yesterday  i found it quite hard i did no work but went to look at a job  i was stood up for about 2 hour s   ..... my foot swelled up like a ballon not doing that again ...... :D

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 11:57:36 AM »
                                     29/10/09

physio today  mark my pt was happy  with what i have been doing and gave me a new excercise 1 no black band which i strap round my chair i have to pull leg up 45 degrees  4 x a day  10 reps   

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 11:25:06 AM »
                                                         5/10/09

nearly 3 weeks into op feeling alot better down sized on meds ....still on crutches counting the weeks down..... still have a little pain on my cartlidge right hand side of my knee comes and goes not regular ... went to see surgeon on tues at 4 he told me to slow down .... i have been seeing a few jobs.. but i have to    being self employed you got to keep going i do every thing with ease and at snail pace ....i am just waiting for this 6 week s to go by ..i would like to walk .... :)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 03:28:41 PM »
Hi Paul,

I know its hard but dont overdo it with your knee as its going to take some time before your knee get back to as normal as possible. Its hard if you are self employed not being able to do your job as well as you would like but you not long had surgery and the knee takes time to recover again.

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2009, 10:33:52 AM »
                                                      13/11/09

4 weeks  thursday  just gone

still on crutches  my knee is feeling better but i feel i still cant walk on it  ..i am wishing the next 2 weeks away .. hurry up .... still doing minor physio ...knee feels alright considering i am on crutches  ....its still stiff. ...but when i lay it down straight for half an hour  it feels good to bend it  so that must mean a little progress..
will be seeing physio on tues for my nearly 5 week progress report  where i had my muscle moved below my knee i can feel it tugging down my leg but that not a problem part of the healing process but the boredom is still there thank god for games consoles .... ;)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2009, 03:32:08 PM »
Hi Paul,

4 weeks have gone by already time seems to fly by and will know what rehab is like when I have surgery on my right knee on Monday morning. I ahve been told might not need crutches after my surgery but think I may need them for the 1st week or 2. Keep on top of your physio and you should be fine as it takes time to get knee back to normal after surgery.

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2009, 05:44:32 PM »
good luck nick it will be fine hopefully in a couple months you will be back on it  good luck on monday

regards paul

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 02:32:20 PM »
Hi Paul,

Thanks for good luck message and I am certain my surgery will go ok as I have one of the UK's top Knee Surgeons working on me so I am in very safe hands.

I hope your recovery goes ok for you.

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2009, 08:10:34 AM »
                                                                      5 weeks

19/11/09

so its been 5 weeks and six weeks next week,  hopefully i wil be starting on walking agian hopefully,  i had pt on monday as i missed 2 weeks as i was away and that they cant really do noting for me until my cartledges heal which i think they have now ,as i have no twitches any more from that area one problem out the way  now for my acl ...
iam still on my crutches which i am now gagging for them to go away as it feels like i have had them for time ..... i was hoping that iwas going to come of them next week but alas  i was thinking wrong...i now no that i have no mucsle at all in my top leg just flab it looks like a stick ...i asked my pt when will we start on the walikng he said not untill i have seen my surgen again so thats dec 1.... 2 weeks  ...my pt man mark will not do any more until the main man instructs him ....  i am still doing minor pt  and leg band round chair i could not do that about a week ago and that was only doing 45 degrees of chair now its no problem .....so thats progress.....

support