Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: ACL,PCL+MCL Reconstruction. My road to recovery  (Read 1200 times)

Offline tsutton

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ACL,PCL+MCL Reconstruction. My road to recovery
« on: December 16, 2010, 07:53:16 PM »
Hey

Finally stumble upon a site where i can share my story and ask for advice etc. So my story so far:

On the 26th of October 2010, while playing for my first 15 school rugby team. I was at the bottom of a ruck with my knee lifted above the ground in a sideways position, then 3-4 players fell on my knee. I could feel my knee crunching and didnt tear on impact i could feel it happen then just gave way. I got dragged off the pitch, where my coach thought it would be a good idea to put me on a chair, resulting in blood flowing through my knee. Painful. I orginally thought i had broken my leg.

In AnE i had xray taken to make sure nothing had broken, paramedics reconed it was a dislocation of the knee. Early signs from the doctor on call was a 3 degree tear of the MCL.

Two days later i saw the orthapedics registraer, who did a quick analysis saying i had torn my mcl and to go home and do physio etc. My dad being a GP asked to see the orthapedic surgeon that he refers all his patients to. I must say im glad that this happened as it could have been completly different. Instead i was to have a MRI scan, luckly i was avaible to get one for that night.

To be continued...

Offline lwillson

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: ACL,PCL+MCL Reconstruction. My road to recovery
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 08:07:13 PM »
Owwwww  :-[  Sounds like you have had a bit of a session at the bottom of the ruck...  Presume you now have the full diagnosis given the title of your thread, and have you had the relevant surgery yet?

Perfect forum for your woes  ;)

Lawrence
30 Nov 2010 - ACLr with allograft and resected meniscus
July 2010 - MRI and athroscopy diagnosed torn ACL and multiple cartilage tears
March 2010 - ACL tear, climbing in snow
March 2009 - ACL partial tear, skiing in heavy slush
1990 - patella re-alignment surgery

support