Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: arthroscopy scopes leave metal deposit in knee  (Read 1961 times)

Offline sjelliott

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
arthroscopy scopes leave metal deposit in knee
« on: June 21, 2009, 09:40:34 PM »
 :o I have had problems following 3 surgeries with use of arthroscopy scope. My last mri should metal artafact which i now know is chippings off the arthroscopy scope. Has anybody else had this problem?
I am cross that i was not informed of the risk that metal deposits would be left behind in my knee.
When you think white cells are always going to be attacking the deposits trying to rid them.
The radiographer consultant told my dr that they dont always write it in the reports. When you think arthroscopy scopes are used on many people and they are not disposible i cant believe it what about litigation.
KLet me kow your thoughts

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: arthroscopy scopes leave metal deposit in knee
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 04:55:15 AM »
I find this very interesting.  Since my last scope I've had lots to troubles.  Of course the OS says more pt or tosses medication at me.  I try another os who of course says pt and tosses different medications at me.  Onword to another os who re-mri's the knee.  While having the mri the tech doing it stops the procedure and pulls me from the tube and asks "why is there metal fragments in your knee? why didn't you write down you have metal in your knee?"  Heavens, I had no idea - she said it was dangerous to have an mri with metal.  She made a call and then did complete the mri but noted the metal.  When I called the os who did the procedure I was told they were "markers" as to where a cyst was removed.  Humm, now I wonder.  Any I'm having more and more knee trouble -do they go together?  Who knows.   

Offline sjelliott

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 10:21:29 PM »
 :oI am going to speak to a solicitor tomorrow to discuss my concerns does anyone know of ny companies that sell arthroscopy scopes i am going to find our more info on this. :-\

Offline wen

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 04:14:46 AM »
Hi,
I was wondering what info you found out about the metal shavings left in your knee?
Wendy

support