Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Patella Femoral Syndrome, please help!  (Read 869 times)

Offline howitz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Patella Femoral Syndrome, please help!
« on: June 17, 2009, 09:17:16 PM »
So, after hurting my knee jumping off a stage back in late april, and eventually, they came up with a mix diagnosis of torn meniscus and patella femoral syndrome.  After many days spent laying in bed and stretching, icing, and taking many pain pills, i think things are only getting worse.  Im in PT and we went from loosening the muscles to strengthening them a couple days ago, and since then, the pain has gone from almost gone to back to how it was when i first got the injury.  Its all around my knee cap and im going absolutely crazy not being able to drive my car (manual transmission) does anyone know any ways to speed up healing for either patella femoral syndrome or torn meniscus?

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
Re: Patella Femoral Syndrome, please help!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 04:43:21 PM »
Don't know any for speeding things up, but if I find that miracle cure, I will most certainly pass it along.   The strengthing PT may irritate things quite a bit until the muscles start to get a bit stronger.  Make sure you talk it over with your PT as well they may be able to give you some tips to help ease the pain.

Good luck.
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline howitz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Patella Femoral Syndrome, please help!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 10:17:28 PM »
Ok, the pains getting better.  but I'd really like to know what stretches I can do to stretch the muscle just up above the knee cap, and what can I do to help the pain just below the knee cap.  Im not sure if its a muscle or cartilage, but thats where most of my pain is, and im not sure how to fix it.

support