Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I have a question  (Read 2626 times)

Offline chrisLarosa

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I have a question
« on: June 16, 2009, 02:48:39 PM »
I had an oats procedure done april 7 and has my plug taken fron my ankle put in to my ankle My surgeon said he uses a plug from a non weight bearing part from the same ankle to only have a problem in one spot. I have been doing really well walking with one cain and sometime walking with nothing yesterday i went to physio and when i came home the pain was excrutiating at my donar site . Today i am better but feel i have been set back 1-2 week in my rehab i had almost full range of motion now it is limited please let me know if anyone has had this problum with set backs or even if any one else has has a transfor from the ankle to the ankle as most i read are from the knee

Offline chrisLarosa

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: I have a question
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 06:37:59 PM »
i AM WALKING GOOD BUT DO HAVE PAIN AT MY DONAR SITE ONCE IN A WHILE

I OVER DID IT TO GET MY SET BACK BUT IT WAS ONLY FOR A SHORT WHILE I AND VERY GLAD TO BE ABLE TO WALK AND HOPE I CAN GET BACK TO THE GYM ONE DAY AND DO MY REGULAR ROUTINE

STILL WONDERING IN ANYBODY HAS EVER HEARD OF ANKLE TO ANKLE OATS PROCEDURE MY PLUG WAS TAKEN FRON THE NECK OF THE TAILUS (NON WEIGHT BEARING AND PUT SOMEWHERE IN THE ANKLE JOINT) MY OS IS A SPECILIST WHO ONLY WORKS ON ANKLES AND TEACHES ORTHAPEDIC SURGERY. SO I HAD ALOT OF FAITH IN HIS KNOWLEDGE AND HOPE HE KNEW WHAT THE F HE WAS DOING

MY SURGERY WAS APRIL 7 SO IT HAS BEEN 13 WEEKS AND I AM WALKING WITH A TIGHT ANKLE AND SOME PAIN

Offline Shelbylw

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 02:59:59 AM »
I have no experience with ankles but I know that knees take a long time, ask your physical therapist or call the OS, I'm sure he has done more than one of these and would be able to answer your question.
My graft was taken from my knee and put into my knee, NWB into WB so it would make sense for him to take it from ankle and into ankle.  Good luck and I hope you are up and around soon.  Have you had an MRI recently.  Might be worth a look inside to see how things are looking?...

Shelby

14 months post OATS Right Knee

Offline chrisLarosa

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 06:04:27 PM »
i had my procedure on april 7th i just wanted to let people know that i and doing very well it is a long road to recovery . i though i would never get better but is funny i will be walking down the street and relize i an not worred or thinking about my ankle

i was very worried if i made the wrong disicion by having this surgry but now after only almost 9 months i am doing good (not saying i will be running a maraton anytime soon) but i can walk and run a little and im happy with that

so anybody thinking its never going to get any better . From my experience it does

GOOD LUCK

support