Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Bracesox  (Read 3352 times)

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Bracesox
« on: September 03, 2003, 02:29:20 AM »
Has anyone else used a product called Bracesox? It is an undersleeve that you wear under your brace to protect from chafing, wick away sweat etc.

I'd like to know what others think of this product. I found that it's helpful, but sure wish it came in other colors. It only comes in black.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline anasta5ia

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: Bracesox
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 03:35:33 AM »
Hey DM-

I am very interested in this product, but I don't know where I can buy it.  I have been dying because of the heat and the neoprene brace (also now a boot on my foot).  I ITCH terribly and this would help me tons.

Please let me know.

thanks,
-Heather G.
Rt. knee-plica resection, LR, 4 TTTs, MPFL repair & 2 MPFL reconstructions
Lt. knee-2 TTTs, & 2 MPFL reconstructions...
Scheduled for bilateral hardware removal, lt. knee TT revision, MPFL recon and LR recon with new wonderful surgeon.
Plus 9 other orthopedic surgeries

Offline Jennie

• Forum Faithful
  • LoveBug
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2003, 04:09:42 AM »
I am with Heather, I would love to get one of these if you could tell me where I could find one!

As I am sure with most of us that is my biggest problem is the irritation the brace causes me, I wear a hinged knee brace that has the wheels on the side but it slips on so it gets very tight when my leg swells and very sweaty and uncomfortable so please let me know!!

Thanx Jennie
21 yrs. old..Right knee injury. Ligament Recon 6-21-01, 2 LR's 3/02 & 9/02
TTT 11/08/02, patella and ligament recon 5/03
Recently dx with OA, Having hardware removed and knee scoped on 6/24/04

Offline Emily

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2003, 04:32:05 AM »
I havent ever used these... but they are available at

http://www.bracesox.com/ProductLine/

Emily
Right Knee- 10-14-03- LR, TTO, Scope, Plica excision
               4-20-04- Scope, screw removal, scar tissue clean up

Left knee- subluxing, maltracking & malaligned-not ready to start treatmet..

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2003, 09:14:55 PM »
Heather, Jenny,
Yes, Emily has it  - www.bracesox.com has all the info.
The only down side to them is they only come in one color. However, the benefits outweigh the color thing.
Yes, they also have them for other body parts besides knees, citing Jenny's foot boot.  :D
They do take online orders, I checked in case I can't get my ins to get me a spare. :-/

I've got the cotton one, but I'm thinking of trying the lyrca one due to the sweating thing, you know how that goes. I'd be interested to know what you guys think!
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2003, 12:27:00 PM »
They will even send them around the worldas they were going to send me some here in OZ but so far I haven't ordered any (I get a LOT of yucky rashes form my braces and this was one way to stop the rashes).
Sharon
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++