Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Just got the MRI results..help!  (Read 780 times)

Offline kaie10

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Just got the MRI results..help!
« on: June 16, 2009, 01:20:48 AM »
I posted a couple of weeks ago about having severe swelling in my left and right knees, above the knee cap on the outside.  It's pretty painful and often doesn't allow me to extend me knee the entire way.  I had mri's done last week and I have the reports right now, I have not seen the surgeon yet.  But, I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the these reports say:
For the right knee, it says:
There is relatively large joint effusion.  There appear to be some plicae and there could be some debris within the effusions in the suprapettellar region.  However, there is no evidence of osteocartilaginous or even definitie cartilage abnormality.  There is no evidence of menisacal tear.  There is, as noted in the left knee, a very tiny, thin popliteal cyst which is about 2cm in length.

For the left knee, it says:
Hardware is noted in the tibia causing some artifact.  There is a moderate joint effusion.  A small 1cm cyst is present. 

Sorry for the long post, but I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about all of this and if they have any experience with cysts.  Thanks!

support