Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Any KneeGeeks in Ontario??  (Read 2395 times)

Offline jt10

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Any KneeGeeks in Ontario??
« on: June 12, 2009, 10:08:01 AM »
Hi

I am moving to Canada in about a month and Im looking for advice and/or referrals for a good OS in southern or eastern Ontario. I would be willing to travel anywhere between Hamilton and Ottawa to see a good doctor but Toronto would probably be the best.

I have cartilage issues resulting from a bad fall and I had microfracture surgery nearly 5 months ago with questionable results. If anyone knows a good OS who I can follow up with once Im in Canada Id really appreciate your help.

Oh, and what are the wait times like in Ontario?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 05:16:39 PM by jt10 »

Offline jess8181

• Regular Poster
Re: Any KneeGeeks in Ontario??
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 03:57:34 PM »
Hi there..I live in Montreal but traveled to Ottawa to see Dr. Don Johnson at Carlton University and he was wonderful and very helpful. You may need to book early though, it took me 2 months to get in to see him.

Offline jt10

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Any KneeGeeks in Ontario??
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 05:24:18 PM »
Hi Jess8181,

It's funny that you mention Dr. Johnson as I came across his name on a cartilage repair website a little while ago. I'm glad to know that he was able to help you and sounds like he's a nice person too. Sometimes docs who are technically proficient don't have good people skills and you leave their office feeling more confused than when you went in.

Thanks for the heads up about how long it takes to get in. I'll make sure to book well in advance.

Have a great weekend!