Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Dislocated kneecap  (Read 794 times)

Offline KATBAT29

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Dislocated kneecap
« on: June 10, 2009, 10:41:09 PM »
Hi, I fell on a metal/wooden baby gate three weeks ago and the ortho. doc said when I fell my kneecap went out and then back into place. I saw him 10 days after my injury, he also said that it was too swollen/tender to get a good exam and I have to go back. Since then I have been resting it, icing, bracing and crutches. My main concern/ question is since the swelling has gone down some now when i bend my knee on the outside of it is this lump/bump that feels soft to the touch but also hurts. Any suggestions on what it might be?

Offline KATBAT29

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Dislocated kneecap
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 01:59:24 AM »
I went to the ortho doc again today, need an MRI. The lup/bump is actually fluid in the knee joint that kinda smooshes out and that's what you can see whern I bend my knee. Doc. said it usually means something is torn. :(

Offline ex-gymnast

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 03:16:43 AM »
keep using RICE.  It will help keep it from swelling on top of the fluid build up.  I have been told many times that something was torn.  (3 ACL tears, cart. tear, and 2 that were said to be tears in the knee, but werent) 

Keep listening to your doctor that's all that can be said.
If I knew I'd be like this now, I'd do it all again.
1998- Lf ACL replace (failed)
1998- Lf ACL replace (worked)
1998- Rt LR
1999- Rt Scope
2000- Rt ACL replace
2001- Rt hardware replace
2002- Rt Scar Tissue Removal
2005- Rt Pattella Scraped
2009- Rt clean-out the mess
To Come: 2 Replace

Offline KATBAT29

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 06:40:19 PM »
So i am having surgery on July 8th.  :( Ortho surgeon called on Monday night and said there is a tear of my meniscus and ACL, so he is gonna fix me up!!! Any advice for the knee scope???

support