Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Heel Pain after Medial Meniscus Surgery  (Read 2252 times)

Offline trainerj

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Heel Pain after Medial Meniscus Surgery
« on: June 09, 2009, 06:28:50 PM »
I am four days post op medial meniscus surgery.  My knee is not swollen and my flexion and extension is suprisingly great.  I have little to no pain with knee.  However, I have severe pain on the sole of my foot particulary back towards the heel whenever I put weight on the affected leg.  The pain is excruciating and runs up into the midddle of calf sometimes.  Their is some (little) swelling in foot but not much.  I could actually almost walk normal if it were not for this pain near my heel.  Has anyone heard of this before?  Could it be related to the compression hose that were worn for 3 days?  I would love to hear if anyone else has experienced this and what it might be related to.  Thanks!

Trainer J

Offline trainerj

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Heel Pain after Medial Meniscus Surgery
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 10:02:54 PM »
Could I have Plantar Fascitis after 3 days in bed with leg up?  It feels like it?  Actually worse today than yesterday.

Offline Caroline109

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: Heel Pain after Medial Meniscus Surgery
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 04:00:43 AM »
After my PKR, my heels were really painful too, from the pressure on them on the bed. The nurses at the hospital would roll up towels and prop my foot up to get pressure off the heel. I had previous PF in both feet. It is possible for it to happen being in bed!! EVentually that went away, but have now other foot issues 9 months after PKR (posterior tibial tendinitis). Have it checked out or at least mention it at your next OS appointment.
Caroline
Chronic low platelet count
Men. surgery, both knees 2003,2007,2008
R PKR Sept. 17, 2008 - Biomet Oxford Partial
LK-TKR 4/21/2010 Biomet Vanguard Signature Knee
Scar tissue issue next to TKR knee
March 2, 2011: PKR to be revised to a TKR