Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Synvisc One  (Read 22386 times)

Offline ladystail01

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Synvisc One
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 04:51:08 AM »
Hi 3cdguru:

I live in Brooklyn New York.  I just looked up on the site you gave me but there were no doctors listed in my immdiate area.  I will have to do more research into this.  I take care of my 91 year old mother 24/7 so I am very limited as to how much time I can get away.  I know the doctor who did the laser said there is a doctor on the next block from him that does this, and I would research his credenials before I would use him.

Right now I am scheduled for cataract surgery on both eyes (weeks apart) and I am not looking into anything else till that is all taken care of. Thanks for your input.

Marcia

Offline ladystail01

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 07:23:56 PM »
Hi 3cdguru:

Thanks.  I'll report back when I have followed up on the other options.  Be well.

Marcia

Offline gahall60

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 01:16:34 AM »
I also have just had Synvisc One about a week and a half ago.  So far I have not noticed any difference -still the same stiffness and soreness.  Has anyone else had the same reaction.  I know they say wait three to four weeks but I wonder if I should have seen some improvement by this time.  Maybe I am just overanxious.

Offline ladystail01

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 04:24:55 AM »
Hi gahall60:

Is this the first time you had this kind of injections?  When I originally had the Synvisc it worked well for quite some time.  I have a friend who got help for almost four years.  The second time I got shots it worked but not for quite as long.  And the third shots even less.  The Synvisc One blew my leg up and it was stiff and I am assuming that the more times you get these shots, the less they work.  Everyone is different.  I believe I got relief within a week the first time.

Hope you feel better real soon.

Marcia

Offline digginit

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 02:51:42 AM »
I'm having a synvisc one injection into my *virgin* knee tomorrow. Had orthovisc twice in my other knee that subsequently got the tka (Sept '08).  My left knee has never been penetrated...lol.  It's nowhere near as bad as my right knee was when I had orthovisc (which for me worked well, but not very long). I'm hopeful that at at this early stage the shot will be helpful. The pain is very tolerable in my left knee, but I don't think it'll hold out for an upcoming ski trip. Hopeful that this injection will make the trip more fun.

Offline cosette66

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 05:58:12 PM »
My 18 year old just had the Synvisc One injection and her Dr. did the same thing.  Walked in, started giving the shot (which was extremely painful hse says), then said, "ok - you're good to go", and walked out.  She was in tears by the time we walked out of the office.  It has been a week and she still has some pain and swelling.  The day after we got home, we could see the lump of the gel sitting above her knee.  I was kind of surprised that it wasn't injected under the knee cap but what do I know.  This week it's not quite so bad but it's still swollen and painful.  Is it normal where the Dr. put the injection? and the swelling?

support