Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: rHgH dosage for intra-articular injections & improving stem cell treatment.  (Read 34086 times)

Offline irentat

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: rHgH dosage for intra-articular injections & improving stem cell treatment.
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2010, 11:53:01 AM »
Colleen,

Unless you doctor is some sort of demi-god, I would suggest another doc.  Not open to GH into a joint I consider personally archaic.  Ask if your doc is willing to do a corticosteroid injections into joint.  If he says yes, you definitely have the wrong doctor.

Anything you do, Regenexx, PRP, prolotherapy, GH, testosterone (yes)  done IA will help.  What I think, from my experience, will help fastest is GH now and continued for multiple months.  You just have to get aggressive in your own recovery.  Example I can site from myself:  I took over IA GH and testosterone injections from my doc so that I could inject more often and for less money.  It worked as my recovery sped up tremendously. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 09:57:51 PM by irentat »

Offline ColleenyM

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2010, 11:45:28 PM »
Irentat,

Did you inject the GH for systemic increase in the hormone?  Or were your injections right to the affected joint? Just curious how you were being treated.

My Dr. has explained that off label use of HGH (intra articular) not for systemic use for low GH and hormones, etc.  is off label use, and can get him in trouble with the FDA, and raise his insurance costs.  I am not sure how some Drs. pull it off, but maybe the laws are different state to state?  He said that he will look into it.  He is very cautious, and will not inject sterioids unless absolutely needed, and no more than a couple times per year, if necessary.  He has not recommended them to me at all.  He is more holistic, and prefers to treat with prolo, or natural hormone and biological suppliments.  Thats just his method.  Its not bad, its just the way he feels is best for the body.  Many Drs. will send you away, if you request HGH.  Most will raise an eyebrow, as it is not widely known for treating cartilage defects, just yet.  I have contacted tons of Drs. in my area concerning this, and non so far will do intra-articular HGH to the hip, unfortunately.  I would have to travel to the well know Dr. Hauser or Allen Dunn, or pittsburgs, Dr. Rydze.

I am probably going to try Stem cells, first, and if that does not work, then maybe I will travel to get the HGH. 

I am happy to read your insight on this, as I am still unsure of the absolute best way to get my cartilage back.  I wish it were ligaments, they are so much easier to treat.  :(

Offline irentat

• Regular Poster
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2010, 12:55:44 AM »
Colleen,

You need to read up more on this subject and do it just on these last two threads.  You are on the path of a hip replacement unless your start digging.  I have directly reference IA (intra-articular) injections and a BIG epiphany you may have to come to is that you have to do this yourself.  This is even more shocking to people than a doctor's use of hormones in the joint.  Is this that important to you?  I have no idea of your situation and it took me 10 years to get to the reality of what I needed to do so I cannot speak for you but only guide.

I am certain stem cell therapy will work but cannot speak to it personally.  I just know that GH produces stem cells in the joint already and GH is so much more available than regenexx and cheaper. 

You are listening to your generic doctors too much.  Doctors are a tool and nothing more.  When one does not work, you find another tool.  Look for a local prolotherapist.  Naturopath's are also very open to other modalities.  Some doctors are scrutinized more than others.  NMD's are always open to new ideas.  My prolotherapist was open to the intense use of GH and did it on me when I requested.  However, he also used other modalities when I was ready.

No idea of your background but you need to research this subject.  I have no medical background and it has taken years to research this subject and underlying aspects of joints and how they work and heal.  Honestly, not many doctors know much about joints and neither do I but I know what has worked for me.  So, you need to research and get comfortable with what alternatives are out there...if a solution is that important to you. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 01:01:38 AM by irentat »

Offline ColleenyM

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2010, 02:51:21 AM »
Thanks for the tips.  I have been online researching just about daily since I became aware of my situation.   I only recently found out about my hip trouble around 8 months ago.  Since, then I have learned a lot, joined many groups online to talk and share experiences, and I have spoken to many Drs. over the phone, or have seen them in person. I continue to research almost nightly.  I've already had the PRP, so I know that does not work for me.  As soon as I realized it was not doing the job, I have been digging deep for another method.  I definately think I am on the right track, but I will not know for sure until I see if it works for me. 

Not every method works for everyone, and this is just something each of us might have to experience and figure out on our own, like you said.  I definately, feel that stem cells, and HGH are top notch for cartilage regrowth.  And if I don't have success with one, I will go for the other.  I am not likely to just take my Doctors word for it....that is sooooo not me.

I will dig, and I will research, as I have been, untill I find something that works.  I don't give up easily, as I am a stubborn Irish woman.  hehe... 8)

I've already decided not to go to Denver (for the regenexx), but I will be getting stem cell injections locally, with my current prolo Dr. until I am proven otherwise that they don't work.  I am very confident that this may be my ticket to cartilage growth.  So far, my extended hours researching stem cells from bone marrow seems to be a very good option for me.  They have done many clinical trials with stem cells and cartilage growth, and it is very promising for this kind of joint damage.  Studies have shown a 25% increase in thickness of articular cartilage after just one stem cell treatment, six months later.  Thats amazing!

I hope that one day, all this stuff might be covered under insurance like a joint replacement, which is always covered....go figure.

Also, if you do the math, getting three stem cell treatments, verus 12-14 HGH injections, you actually come out a bit cheaper in the long run with the stem cells.  Stem cells show continued cartilage growth after one injection six months later.  My local Dr. does them for $2500 each, using bone marrow, PRP, and fat combined with thrombin to jell in up, then he injects it.  I hope that this works!  If not...I am onto something else, and will try the HGH.

Offline irentat

• Regular Poster
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2010, 04:11:02 AM »
I will be rooting for you!

Please keep us informed.  I always like hearing about successes.  You will, maybe not in the timeframe you want but you will, I can tell.

Offline franciscoc

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2010, 10:57:14 AM »
hello there.
 te dosage and frequency   of intraarticular inyections of HGH  seems to ve vague.
It would be very useful to me if you could tell us  how many units per joint and   the periodicity.
 thank you

Offline crumpet

• Forum Faithful
Coleeny:

Hey there! Your last post was a good while ago.... November on this thread anyway.  Can you give us an update?  We are all dying to know how things are going for you.

~Crumpet :D
acl issue

Offline KneeZilla

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Sorry If I am zombifying a thread but this seems pretty interesting. I have some damage to the articular cartilage of my right knee (pulp hook D:). Anyway my big concern is that when they scoped it there is some obvious damage to the surface of the cartilage. It hurts pretty much all the time and allot worse when I walk around allot during the day. Anyway my question is will PRP HGH or any of these therapies help repair or slow the rate my cartilage is wearing down. Also is there any hard evidence that this stuff works? Anybody seen any medical journals or studies done on it? I am curious, optimistic and also skeptical. The anecdotes on here seem pretty promising but I am thinking this seems too good to be true. Also where would I go to get this done? I live in Maine and my health insurance just ran out. My knee took my job from me. Now I'm broke. Oh well another hurdle to overcome. Thanks for the info guys. Best wishes to your knees.
Knowledge is power.
RK
- Injury with a pulp hook :O jan/12
-MRI possible articular cartilage damage
-scope + debridement 3/22/12
-Pain is back :(

Offline Kefu

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2013, 01:15:56 AM »
I am also looking to do some growth hormone injections or something similar to fix my knee pain. Anyone know of anyone that does these types of injections in Ontario Canada? Maybe around Toronto or London region? Does anyone know of any doctors in Ontario Canada that do stem cell injections?

Here is some background on me and the treatments I have tried:

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=63201.0
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:18:31 AM by Kefu, Reason: forgot something »

Offline JamesDean

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2013, 09:01:32 PM »
Sorry If I am zombifying a thread but this seems pretty interesting. I have some damage to the articular cartilage of my right knee (pulp hook D:). Anyway my big concern is that when they scoped it there is some obvious damage to the surface of the cartilage. It hurts pretty much all the time and allot worse when I walk around allot during the day. Anyway my question is will PRP HGH or any of these therapies help repair or slow the rate my cartilage is wearing down. Also is there any hard evidence that this stuff works? Anybody seen any medical journals or studies done on it? I am curious, optimistic and also skeptical. The anecdotes on here seem pretty promising but I am thinking this seems too good to be true. Also where would I go to get this done? I live in Maine and my health insurance just ran out. My knee took my job from me. Now I'm broke. Oh well another hurdle to overcome. Thanks for the info guys. Best wishes to your knees.

Any update on your situation? I can attest to the hgh treatment. I was treated under Dunn and my knee is vastly improved. However, it is an expensive procedure, so I'm researching other possible routes.