Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: rHgH dosage for intra-articular injections & improving stem cell treatment.  (Read 34151 times)

Offline irentat

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Is it ok to TRY PRP procedure parallely from another doctor while taking HGH Injections from Dr.Hauser ?
Will it anyway help to speed up the recovery. Please advise

Am taking my 3rd HGH Injections next friday.

Thanks

I have done similar and if you feel compelled, you will do fine.   Uncertain if it will help speed recovery but based on personal observations and my own research, it should help things along.  My feeling is you need to take them many days/weeks apart.  GH and PRP have different methods of working to heal and don't know if they would be conflicting.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 10:18:59 PM by irentat »

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
Thanks once again Irentat.

I have another question, In my surgery report it has been mentioned that the surgeon has performed synovectomy ?
I could not understand this was wondering whether this synovial membrane will grow back ? Since there are no synovial membrane left [am not sure if its partial or total synovectomy] synovial fluid will not be there for the knee so will it inhibit the nutritions to the cartilage there by stopping the cartilage growth ?

This stuff really kills me so many questions in mind and lots of confusions...thanks to this forum and thanks to members like Irentat for sharing their experiences and knowledge on this.
2009 - Partial Meniscetomy
2010 - Cartilage Debridement
2010 - 2011 - Prolotherapy, PRP, Bone Marrow Prolotherapy, Prolozone
2011 - Regenexx-PL, Regenexx SD and Regenexx-SCP
2012 - HGH Injections
2013 - Regenexx-PL, Regenexx SD, Regenexx-AD and Regenexx-SCP

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
I had 3rd set of HGH injection on my knee last Friday. Doctor told me that he had increased the dosage little bit but he didn't tell me how many units he had increased, he also advised that I can take PRP injections parallely while taking HGH injections. So am planning to schedule my PRP injections at my local place in couple of weeks time. My knee is still sore from the injections finding it bit difficult to walk. Will keep posting my experiences. Thanks
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline irentat

• Regular Poster
I had 3rd set of HGH injection on my knee last Friday. Doctor told me that he had increased the dosage little bit but he didn't tell me how many units he had increased, he also advised that I can take PRP injections parallely while taking HGH injections. So am planning to schedule my PRP injections at my local place in couple of weeks time. My knee is still sore from the injections finding it bit difficult to walk. Will keep posting my experiences. Thanks

Please do keep us informed.  A few ideas to try with those that are injecting:  PRP is acidic.  You must adjust the pH for IA injections.  The same is true for HGH shots IA.  Bac water or sterile water is very acidic.  Have them adjust it up to the normal level of a joint.  Once I started adjusting the pH, my pain went away because of the injection itself.  It may still hurt later but that is the healing process not the actual injection.

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
Thanks once again Irentat. Will share these information with my doctor and will update my progress.

2012 - HGH Injections

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
My appointment for PRP injection is by this Friday, bit nervous regarding pain associated with this PRP. Somehow Prolo HGH injections were manageable with regards to pain but I have read different experiences from different people who had PRP injections before so bit worried on that front. But still keeping my fingers crossed hoping that it would be help me.

Irentat, I will keep in mind regarding your advise on pH balance before injecting this PRP and will check with doctor.

Thanks
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
I had my PRP injection today at last, doctor did pH balance before injecting. My knee feels bit stiff now and its not still out of local anesthesia. Will update my progress
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
Not much pain today I had bit pain and stiffness that lasted only one day after my PRP injections. Still the pain was very much manageable its not bad anything like that I have imagined, now am back to my old symptoms. In another two weeks[8/27] I will be having my Prolo injections[4th] with HGH.
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline rob wilson

• Regular Poster
Ashok,

I got your personal message but for some reason it won't let me respond. You can call me @ 3302124101. Thanks
1997-Bilateral debridement
1999-Lt knee trochlea paste graft
2000-Rt knee trochlea paste graft
2000-Lt knee scar
2002-Lt knee ACI biopsy+plica
2002-Lt knee medial condyle abrasion+HGH
2002-Lt knee scar
2003-Rt knee trochlea abrasion+HGH
2005-Lt knee plica
2008 to present-Regenexx

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
Thanks Rob, will call you definitely..thanks again for providing the number.
I will be having my fourth HGH injection from Dr.Hauser this friday and will update my status once am back from there.
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
I had my 4th Prolo HGH Injection. Today doctor tried a different thing...he first gave prolo injection [with HGH](Hackett-Hemwall Prolotherapy) - > doctor has increased the HGH dosage to 5 I.U. followed by PRP injection immediately. He also advised for Prolozone therapy in my next appointment along with manipulation of my knee under anesthesia for the Arthrosis. Will keep you updated on this.
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline irentat

• Regular Poster
Re: rHgH dosage for intra-articular injections & improving stem cell treatment.
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2010, 03:40:42 AM »
I had my 4th Prolo HGH Injection. Today doctor tried a different thing...he first gave prolo injection [with HGH](Hackett-Hemwall Prolotherapy) - > doctor has increased the HGH dosage to 5 I.U. followed by PRP injection immediately. He also advised for Prolozone therapy in my next appointment along with manipulation of my knee under anesthesia for the Arthrosis. Will keep you updated on this.
Glad to see your doc is upping the GH.  5 IU is a no brainer. 

Offline ColleenyM

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2010, 11:13:43 PM »
I am new here, and this is my first post.  I am not having knee issues, but rather hip issues, and I often find myself on this website reading articles that relate to treatments I am looking into.  Recently, I have been really interested in getting the HGH to my right hip.  I have a full thickness hole, down to the bone, in the articular cartilage of my hip socket.  Its a full cm wide, aprox. 6mm X 10mm and 5-6mm deep.  I have undergone two PRP treatments with little results.  The first treament seemed to help about 25%, and the second did nothing.  I am actually taking a step backwards, here, and I have more pain than prior to the first treatment.  I can barely do stairs, nor can I walk normally, or with any kind of long stride.  My steps have to be short and carefull.

I used to be very athletic, and it just happened one day, I could not walk....just like that.  I thought I ripped something.  Since then, I have not been able to rocover, and I am only 33 years old, and do not want a hip replacement just yet. ITs been about 9 months since I have been crippled with this issue.  And I want a solution, BADLY.

So, I am very interested in this HGH stuff, and I am waiting to see how it helps others.  I am particularly interested in the effect it has for cartilage defects, holes, lesions, etc.  I am hoping it will fill the cartilage in for me, so I can back to my active lifestyle.

Offline irentat

• Regular Poster
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2010, 11:38:21 PM »
Colleen,

Have you had the hip cleaned out?  You need to get rid of that loose debris first as it will only cause issues.  After that, you need to find a doc willing to do injections of GH.  Look to the guy that did your PRP.  I truly believe that PRP in such circumstances will not work as well as GH.  If you have been reading all our posts, and I hope you do, you should already know this:  It will take MANY shots to get your cartilage back but it will come back.  I have been aggressively working to bring back my cartilage in both ankles for over 2 years and still only 1/2 of the way there in some areas.  However, I can live a normal life without limping or worry about how far I will walk today and will it hurt by the end.  Again, read all others and I have posted here and get an idea of what is involved.  To get to my level of knowledge of cartilage repair, I have researched for years and still don't talk about some protocols I personally have done (very controversial but they work).

Just don't believe doctors that say you can't do anything because you can.

Offline ColleenyM

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2010, 05:08:12 AM »
Thanks Irentat,

I have not had an arthroscopy done.  I am uninsured at the moment, and in school full time.  I have had all of the MRIs and arthrograms, and they have not noted an chunks anywhere in there, just the hole.  I am hoping that there is nothing more.

I have talked to my Dr. about GH, and he won't do it, as it seems to be more of a risk, and he is not willing to risk his practice for it.  He is more interested in using stem cells with me.  i have looked into it, and it seems to be VERY promising.  There is a place in Denver that does it, with much success.  Regenexx.com

My Dr. is now just starting to do this, where he takes your bone marrow from your pelvis, and some fat from your body, along with thrombin to jell it up, and then he injects it into the hip. 

I might...just might fly to Denver and get one treatment from them.  They have X-ray results showing cartilage repair on hips, ankles, knees, etc.  with only having 2-3 injections, spaced out several months.