Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: rHgH dosage for intra-articular injections & improving stem cell treatment.  (Read 34090 times)

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Hi Irentat

I have started taking treatment from Dr Hauser. I started my treatment last month had two prolo injection with HGH.
I have requested doctor for PRP but he told me that Prolo injections with HGH is good for cartilage growth. He asked me to have 6 injections before I can see some results. I have Right knee cartilage damage, 2X2 cm knee cartilage delamination and had debridement with no effective results so started trying this.

With two injections so far I haven't seen much improvement though the knee warmth has gone down a bit but still having the stiffness and pain with walking and climbing stairs. I had first injection on June 4th, 2010 and second one by July 2nd, 2010.

Can you please advice is it better to go with PRP or Prolo injections as doctor advised.

Thanks
Ashok
2009 - Partial Meniscetomy
2010 - Cartilage Debridement
2010 - 2011 - Prolotherapy, PRP, Bone Marrow Prolotherapy, Prolozone
2011 - Regenexx-PL, Regenexx SD and Regenexx-SCP
2012 - HGH Injections
2013 - Regenexx-PL, Regenexx SD, Regenexx-AD and Regenexx-SCP

Offline irentat

• Regular Poster
Hi Irentat
I have started taking treatment from Dr Hauser. I started my treatment last month had two prolo injection with HGH.
I have requested doctor for PRP but he told me that Prolo injections with HGH is good for cartilage growth. He asked me to have 6 injections before I can see some results. I have Right knee cartilage damage, 2X2 cm knee cartilage delamination and had debridement with no effective results so started trying this.

Can you please advice is it better to go with PRP or Prolo injections as doctor advised.

Not quote sure of the question.  To confirm, Hauser is doing dextrose with GH?   I would go with this combo over PRP.  No studies to reference but having done both, I prefer GH over PRP just because of my own success I can point to. 

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
Hi Irentat,

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that you had some positive results with GH injections.
How many injections you had before seeing some results ?

I had my second injection last Friday  2 nd of July. Till Tuesday morning the pain,stiffness and swelling was bearable but after Tuesday morning I got a sharp pain in my thigh area is it normal ?

I called up the hospitall they said it is normal that I have that pain except if I have increased warmth in the knee which i dont have.

Thanks
Ashok
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline irentat

• Regular Poster
I cannot give you a definitive answer on what it took to see results since I have done so many modalities in the time I have taken GH.  I can say that in 23 months I have gone from barely being able to walk to now being able to run short distances.  Probably can consider longer distances but must take things slowly.

Regarding the pain of injection.  You will feel GH if it is not buffered to increase pH before injection.  The thing is here, Hauser has to inject all of the vial because high pH storage breaks down GH over time.  Another thing, Dextrose will also cause pain when injected.

Offline rob wilson

• Regular Poster
You might not want to hear this but it could take many injections (over 10) of dextrose + HGH to see the benefit you need to really feel better. Don't give up. It can work.
1997-Bilateral debridement
1999-Lt knee trochlea paste graft
2000-Rt knee trochlea paste graft
2000-Lt knee scar
2002-Lt knee ACI biopsy+plica
2002-Lt knee medial condyle abrasion+HGH
2002-Lt knee scar
2003-Rt knee trochlea abrasion+HGH
2005-Lt knee plica
2008 to present-Regenexx

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
Thanks again Irentat, I am suffering with this knee injury for the past 18 months and had two surgeries already without any improvement and currently walking with the help of a crutch. I have a severe cartilage damage due to sports activity and am 29 years old, as per the surgery finding report there was a 2 x 2 cm of cartilage De-lamination, Ortho said that is a pretty large area that got damaged.

My ortho suggested knee cartilage transplant but I decided to give this Prolotherapy and PRP a try before having another surgery. Am hoping prolotherapy with GH injection would help me and keeping my fingers crossed. Also please share some of the other things that u have tried if you think that would help me with cartilage growth. Thanks once again for all the valuable informations.

2012 - HGH Injections

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
Thanks Rob, sure I am going to try this...
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline rob wilson

• Regular Poster
What about Regenexx. Or if you do have surgery do a microfracture and followup with the Regenexx or HGH after surgery. It will greatly enhance the surgery results.
2000-Lt knee scar
2002-Lt knee scar
2005-Lt knee plica
2008 to present-Regenexx

Offline irentat

• Regular Poster
My ortho suggested knee cartilage transplant but I decided to give this Prolotherapy and PRP a try before having another surgery. Am hoping prolotherapy with GH injection would help me and keeping my fingers crossed. Also please share some of the other things that u have tried if you think that would help me with cartilage growth. Thanks once again for all the valuable informations.

As Rob inidicated, I will say many over 10 injections.  Get Hauser to bump up the dosage of GH, he does 2IU per injection?  Pretty low.  Your pain level is the biggest indicator of what is going on but I would get an MRI done after a few months to see where your cartilage hole stands.  Further, I would keep using the crutch.  New cartilage is fragile.

2 X 2 is a big hole and you have a long way to go but be thankful that is all it is.  I would take your situation over mine any day!  I had to deal with completely degenerated ankles including torn ligaments, dead bone and a genetic predisposition of my body to break down collagen faster than it can rebuild.  I had NO cartilage in both my ankles and could barely walk.  Now I am living a normal life and will keep going until I attain full athletic ability (a few years).  You can too.

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
Thanks Irentat and Rob for all these informations and advise. Appreciate your help. Sure I will wait and take things slowly and planning to talk doctor about increasing the IU per injection. Thanks again. - Ashok
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline rob8647932

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
Please let us know if Hauser agrees to increase HGH dosage. Thanks
Left knee - 1997 debridement, 1999 trochlea paste graft / microfracture), 2002 IAGH injections, 2005 plica and synovium removal, 2009 Regenexx injections
Right knee - 1997 debridement, 2000 trochlea paste graft, 2004 IAGH injections, 2008 Regenexx injections

Offline gb

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
A year ago I asked Dr. Hauser whether increasing GH dosage beyond 2IU was possible, and he was against it. That isn't to say he doesn't do it, or can be convinced otherwise, but i've noticed his methods are more on the conservative side vs other prolotherapist. ie, Hauser restricts IU dosage in GH, won't inject from certain points behind the knee to avoid main arteries, won't inject certain fluids that others do...all I'm sure to reduce his liability exposure and with good medical reasons in support of that I'm sure. To some patients, it's reassuring, to others not so risk averse, they may want more risk taking.

I'm not saying one practice is better than the other, Just an observation of mine.

Offline rob wilson

• Regular Poster
Besides Dr Dunn who else is doing HGH and in particular using more than 2IU per knee injection.
2000-Lt knee scar
2002-Lt knee scar
2005-Lt knee plica
2008 to present-Regenexx

Offline irentat

• Regular Poster
Besides Dr Dunn who else is doing HGH and in particular using more than 2IU per knee injection.

My doctor in Scottsdale, AZ: Dr. Tallman.  I turned him onto Dunn's work.
http://www.arizonaprolotherapy.com/

However, sometimes you just have to do things yourself...

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
Is it ok to TRY PRP procedure parallely from another doctor while taking HGH Injections from Dr.Hauser ?
Will it anyway help to speed up the recovery. Please advise

Am taking my 3rd HGH Injections next friday.

Thanks
2012 - HGH Injections

support