Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: WHAT HAVE I DONE?  (Read 1286 times)

Offline joyciebee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
WHAT HAVE I DONE?
« on: May 17, 2009, 06:20:22 PM »
Please help.  I don't know where to start!  I bent at the knees two nights ago to pcik up a napkin off the floor and felt a pop in myy knee along with horrible pain.  I am walking okay and have no pain as long as my leg is straight.  If my knee is at 90 degrees I am in agony to the point I yell.  As soon as I straighten it, the pain is gone.  I kep hurting it in my sleep and when I forget and bend my leg.  Can anyone tell me what I might have done?  i see the doctor Tuesday but it is not for the knee but for a previous medical issue.  Thanks, Joyce

Offline Duder

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: WHAT HAVE I DONE?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 10:57:54 PM »
When you say "popped" as in like something tore or your knee cap caught?  Do you have any instability or just pain?

I'm sure someone here can give you some kind of wild guess with a bit more information but the truth of it is you need to see a doctor.  It could be any number of things.  I'm sure when you go to the doc Tuesday they can still assist even though that isn't what the appointment is scheduled for.

Best
-tj

Offline Maxinek

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 12:17:57 AM »
Someone I work with did the same thing while wearing high heels.  It turned out to be a torn ACL and she had to have surgery with the scope.

Offline joyciebee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 06:16:05 PM »
I saw the doctor this morning.  She sent me for an X-ray.  I am not sure what that will show but wiill have to wait and see.  It feels better but still hurts at a certain angle.

support