Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Why oh why???  (Read 746 times)

Offline beccaben

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Why oh why???
« on: May 16, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »
I had my cartilege tear repaired Friday 8th and was amazed at how easily and well I was recovering. I went to the PT this Friday 15th and was cleared to begin harder excercise. I was told I had been very good with my stair work (not using hand rail etc) and told I could up my walking (was told 20 min walk a day from day of op).

I went for a walk to the local shop to buy a newspaper - 30 min round trip. Got almost there and two people were walking on the path so I stepped onto the grass to pass them. I slipped on the grass but such a minor slip I don`t think I would have even noticed it if I had not been 7 days post op. Almost immediately I had sharp pain in my knee on taking weight - exactly where the pain was before the op. I am also getting a burning pain on the medial side of the knee, even when sitting with the knee up - although it does go away sometimes.

I am so fed up right now. I will have to phone the PT on Monday and ask them to look at it.
Hopefully I have not done anything to the knee again but I suspect that I have. :'( :'( :'(

Sorry - just needed a rant.
Carol

Offline Doodleit

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Why oh why???
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 10:43:18 PM »
What kind of repair? Microfracture? Where was it done on the knee?

Offline sparrow_radio

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 10:57:09 AM »
Oh, yikes, that sucks :( You're icing and elevating, yes?
Hopefully you just bashed it a bit, and it'll recover quickly o_O Let us know what the PT says.

Sparrow

Offline beccaben

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 08:22:20 PM »
Doodleit - um don`t know. I had the op and the surgeon poked his head into the room and said `I have repaired the small tear in your cartilege and whilst I was there I debrided and washed out your arthritis. Bye.`
I did not get a chance to ask questions.
I went into the op thinking it was not a torn cartilege so it was a bit of a surprise to be told that it had been fixed. The PT had a picture of a knee and there was a note of a tear medially but I could not see if it was on the meniscus or the Tibial plateau.
I am seeing the surgeon again Wed next week so hopefully I can get some idea what went on then.

Sparrow - yes, doing my PT excersises and icing. It is still hurting, this evening it was aching so much I used pain killing tablets and gel - and it was still aching. There is a dull stabbing pain when I take weight through the leg, gets worse the more I walk. It`s almost as bed as before the op!!

I have not phoned the PT as I am seeing the surgeon next week so I figure they will only tell me to wait till then.

Oh well. Hopefully I have not done any damage and I am just feeling the pain I should have been feeling. They pumped the knee full of Morphine so hopefully it is just the morphine running out and I am now just feeling the pain I would have been feeling all along without the meds.

Carol (saying lots of very bad words!!)

support