Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: What Does Arthro Surgery for a Meniscus Tear Cost?  (Read 2575 times)

Offline caliKnee

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
What Does Arthro Surgery for a Meniscus Tear Cost?
« on: May 16, 2009, 03:37:52 AM »
I just realized that the clinic I go to never mentioned what the costs are...    This would be for one knee - trimming a torn meniscus as an outpatient.
Location is California, USA.

Just wondering the approximate range if you've had this done lately in the US.

Thank you.
torn meniscus

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: What Does Arthro Surgery for a Meniscus Tear Cost?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »
I guess what the real question is - do you have insurance?  If you've got insurance I'd assume you'll have your deductible and a co-pay.  Then of course probably a co-pay if you do pt afterwords.  I"d call them and start asking questions.  eagle

Offline caliKnee

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 04:03:09 PM »
Hi, Thanks... yes, I do have insurance (Whew! ... wouldn't want to pay for it all myself!).  But, was just wondering, in general, what these procedures run.  I think I pay like 20% of the cost up to some yearly amount.

Thanks!
torn meniscus

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 04:07:29 PM »
There are the hospital fees,  The doctor surgeon fees. the medication fees.  how much of your deductiable you reached.    Say the surgery was 10 grand for the surgeon to do.. The hospital could charge you 8 grand ..   and you could look at a five grand bill .. which is not bad..  you can deduct it on your taxes.. 

oh and there is physical therapy afterwards.. another co pay deductable .. for 3 months maybe.. of pain and totorture.

dont worry about the money now .. get the knee fixed. You can pay off people slowly.. that is if they do not ask for half up front.

Offline cboden51

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 04:12:30 PM »
Sometimes the anesthesiologist does not accept insuance I found out the hard way. And some of the medical equipment may not be covered- for me the ice machine and the CPM were not covered. But Eagle is right , the clinic should have an insurance person who can help you , as should the out patient surgery center. You can verify with your insurance compnay also.
Connie