Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Prepatellar Bursitis  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Marcopolo12

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Prepatellar Bursitis
« on: May 14, 2009, 10:43:32 PM »
I had a very bad fall on my knee 5 months ago.

I visited my doctor and he put me on a NSAID stating prepatellar bursitis as my problem. 2 months later I returned to my doctor, as my knee was still giving me problems and he again placed me on NSAIDs.

Now it is 5 months later and I still feel these small lumps causing discomfort in my knee....I am just wondering will these lumps fade after time and will my discomfort also fade?

Thanks in advance :)

Offline RDM81

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Prepatellar Bursitis
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 04:08:55 AM »
I am not sure if this will actually help, but if it is a perpetual bursitis, make sure you discuss ALL of your options before treatment. I had surgery for a perpetual bursitis and I have been having MAJOR complications since. I have had 5 surgeries in the past four months and no signs of it getting better any time soon. I believe my surgeon was too quick to take me into the OR instead of giving me other options. I have since found out that the best coarse of treatment for this problem is physical therapy, steroids or cortisone shots along with aspirating any excess fluid in the bursa. Also make sure that you do not kneel down at all until the fluid in the bursa returns to normal. After that make sure you use some sort of knee pad while on your knees to avoid accumulation the fluid. I hope this helps.
I have had five knee surgeries in the past four months because of complications from a bursectomy. At the moment I have a Wound V.A.C. in my knee but because of a persistent infection, it is not healing.