Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: droitwich knee clinic, has anyone used them?  (Read 10090 times)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: droitwich knee clinic, has anyone used them?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2009, 03:54:21 PM »
Hi Adam,

Sounds like a good plan to me seeing him privately and if you need any treatment he will do it for you on the NHS as he hates charging people that are not insured. If he ask how you found out about him just say Nicholas Clarke the Greenkeeper that saw you on St Georges day recommened you but might not remember me as he see so many patients and optional of course if you tell him or not.

He very good at with his patients and has a good sense of humour for an OS but at the same time does his job well. I can only praise how good he was in finding out my knee problem when the stupid PT at the ROH said my knee ok and not got a knee problem.

I am waiting for the injection to kick in and so far knee just the same as it was before the injection and should feel some benefits by now. Suppose like you have had, will end up needing surgery but dont mind as I know Mr Green a fantastic surgeon as he operated on many Warwickshire 1st team cricketers and they had a success and are back playing again for the team in 1st class matches.

I hope you get to see Mr Green within the next 2 weeks and wont be disappointed with the consultation as its worth paying for to be able to see such a good OS.

Nick :) {2009} :)

RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline mr pies

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2009, 08:02:49 PM »
Hi nick, just to let you know im seeing Mr Green on wednesday 6th at 3pm. Cant wait, going to write down all my problems pre op and post op and see what he comes up with.

I hope he will operate on me asap, within the next 6 months would be fantastic as i could hopefully be back in full training then by this time next year, but we'll see what he says!

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 07:16:07 PM »
Hi Adam,

Well done in getting an appointment with Mr Green so soon, next week wednesday and wont be disappointed with the consultation and worth paying to see him as I cant praise him high enough as he found my knee problem very quickly. Saw 3 NHS PT's and NHS OS and my GP and they could not find a problem with my right knee. Just show if you see a top OS like Mr Green you get the answers you need from him. I am sure like he done with me will be able to get treatment from him on the NHS. He reluctant to scope my knee but might not be reluctant to do a scope with your knee.

I know I have damaged my right knee inside as today yet again felt catching and pain on on lateral side of the knee and injection has not solved my knee injury. I am going to tell him I want him to look inside the knee when I see him in a few weeks time and wont be told I have to live with it all my life.

Like you said its important to write down list of knee symptoms like I did as it reallly helped him find out whats wrong with my knee. Also write a list of questions you would like to ask him, good luck with consultation and keep us posted on KG.

16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair

Offline mr pies

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 01:49:15 PM »
Hi nick, yea, i'll keep you updated. Depending on what he says i may start one of those story threads like you have!

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2009, 04:08:13 PM »
Hi Adam,

Good idea to start your own diary as I have done and best to start in the post up diary section and once you reached 100 posts can be transferred to 100 post up section that I am on. I made freinds online with many members on KG from my thread and are my freinds on Facebook, Its nice to support one another. At one stage was being told knee problem was in my head but had the support that its not in my mind from members from KG.

I got the bill for consultation today its only 160 and not 270 so did not pay 110 for the injection which was a surprise. I think maybe Mr Green saw how badly the NHS treated me by not even giving me injection when they should have and saying I dont have a knee problem so did not charge me for injection but might still get the bill but would have come all together in one bill.

Can you do stuff in the gym like using the cross trainer and excercise bike to build up your leg muscles incase you do need another scope as its so important to have strong quads as you will recover better after surgery. If you cannot go to the gym then go swimming as that good as well for the leg muscles with less impact. I miss not being able to run since October 2007 and hope one day I can run once again and maybe a scope might help me to run again who knows.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 04:45:29 PM by Clarkey »

Offline mr pies

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2009, 07:34:04 PM »
Hiya nick, what a result with your bill!!! I was going to ask you actually, so they invoice you after the consultation? I was gonna take a wad of cash with me haha!!!

Yea, i am cycling at the moment and my quad is building back up nicely! I can do cross trainer is too painfull at the back of my knee!!

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2009, 07:48:26 PM »
Hi Adam,

Best of luck tomorrow when you go for consultation with Mr Green its worth paying to see him as he was fantastic with how he handled my knee problem. Have your list of symptoms and questions ready.

Offline mr pies

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2009, 09:20:18 PM »
Hi nick, cheers for the message!

I have my list, just my luck though, ive had no knee pain for 4 days now, i can even jog.

I went to see my physio today just to get him to palpate my knee cap and poke round on the lateral side, something which would normally give me pain, i got absolyutely nothing at all.

Just my luck, i'll have to explain all this to mr green tomorrow!

So what is your plan of action now? when do you see Mr green next?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 09:23:02 PM by mr pies »

Offline mr pies

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 08:10:55 PM »
Hi nick and everyone reading this!!

Ok so today at 3pm i had my appointment with Mr Markus green at the birmingham knee and shoulder clinic. Firstly i have to say, what a man!!! A true gentleman.
As soon as i entered his room i knew i was in the presence of someone who was clearly a genius at what he does.

I told him about my accident, all the problems i have been having, the proceedure my last consultant followed etc, Mr Green even wanted to know how it was effecting my personal life, he obviously really cares about his patients!
I hopped onto the couch and he examined my knee, straight away he said its swollen, which i have never noticed before, but when he pointed out where i could clearly see it was swollen!

Mr Green then gave his diagnosis, he said for a synovial tear which is what my last consultant removed, he said i should of been able to run weeks ago, he said considering i am nearly 4 months post op there is still something fundamentaly wrong with my knee.

He is getting all my scans off my last consultant and my operation notes, from that he is going to devise an action plan.
He said he cant make an informed decision without seeing my scans but he things i have another problem with my patella. He said that it maybe treatable without another op, but we will see when he looks at my scans.

His waiting list is 18 weeks for an arthroscopy on the NHS, not too bad, i think with my scan consultations its going to be another 12 months before im running again and thats if i need another op.

Im much happier now i have seen him because i am now classed as one of his patients!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:14:25 PM by mr pies »

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2009, 07:22:23 PM »
Hi Adam,

I knew you would find Mr Green a fantastic OS and agree with you he is a true gentleman and really cares about his patients as he was really nice towards me. I have seen a few OS's over the years and he by far the best OS with the way he deals with your knee situation by taking his time to talk though your knee problem and letting you discuss your concerns.

I am glad you are on the rights tracks with Mr Green and is doing everything he can to sort out your knee problem. You are too young like me not being able to run and dont blame you wanting to run again as I feel the same way as I would also like to run again some day and have confidence that Mr Green may well be able to get me running again and sure he do the same for you, get you back to running again.

Mr Green did not ask me if my knee problem affecting my personal life but will now tell him it is when a I see him in a few weeks time. I assume he will see you for follow up appointement at the Birmingham ROH as you said takes 18 weeks to have your knee scoped which would suit me if it is that long as I certain I need a scope at this stage and will see him some time in June. 18 weeks would bring it to end of October when the grass growing season is over and I are less busy on the golf course, the ideal time to take time off work in my line of work as a Greenkeeper.

You are seeing the right OS for your knee problem and pleased you had a consultation with him at my old School building. The old white building use to be Edgbaston College and Mr Greens Office use to be my form classroom during my 1st year at the School and the waiting room upstairs use to be the boys toillets. It closed down in the late 90ts but the school was not very good and glad the building has been made better use of as a consultation suit.