Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: medical terms in Dutch  (Read 2723 times)

Offline lizthelounger

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • Make time to make music...!
    • This is lizzard - my band
medical terms in Dutch
« on: August 30, 2003, 04:43:23 PM »
Hi all,

I don't have so much a question about abbreviations but about terms in another language. I really want to be able to post here about the situation in my knee, but don't know what the terms are in English!

Does anyone know of an online medical translator (Dutch-English)?

Thanks!
Liz

SL99

Re: medical terms in Dutch
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2003, 08:41:28 PM »
Hi Liz,

Welcome to the board - although of course I'm sorry you need to be here! I hope that you find the help and support you need, I've gained a great deal from the advice and friendship I've found here.  :)

As for the medical terms etc, I thought you might find this site helpful as it's a free online translator for Dutch and most other languages too by the looks of things.

http://www.worldlingo.com/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

Hope it comes in useful for you. Good luck with your knee and I hope to catch you around - feel free to drop me a line anytime if I can help with anything.

Love and hugs.....Jo
xx

P.S. I visited your website (very cool lizard - my nickname is Sick Lizard!) and the band is great.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2003, 08:42:03 PM by SL99 »

Offline lizthelounger

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2003, 09:12:39 PM »
Hi Jo,

fantastic - thankyou so much for the link! It's a great help.

Also, after reading posts on here, I've seen a lot of the same terms pop up - a lot are Latin so the same in every language! That helps! And Hoffa's fatpad needs no translation...!

Also, a huge thankyou for your kind words about my band and site! (The band name is also my nickname.) Cool to know another person nick-named after a reptile!

Thankyou, and I'm sure we'll bump into each other again...

Liz

Offline Leentje

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • ER nursing rules !!!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2003, 09:31:55 PM »
Liz

:oAls je nog hulp nodig hebt met die vreselijke medische termen, kan je ze hier zetten, IM mij of stuur een mailtje. Ik wil je steeds helpen hoor! Laat iets weten, ik woon in dat kleine buurlandje onder Nederland en ben zelfs verpleegster orthopedie (spijtig genoeg met slechte knietjes rrrrr)

Groetjes

Helena ;)

PS sorry KNEEfriends, a little bit of Dutch... the one who can translate this deserves a big hooray! and a kiss from me!

Bilat patellar malalignment/PFdysplasia
00/06/83 L wrist #
11/12/00 L knee LR + chondroplasty
21/08/02 L knee TTT
02/03/04 L knee stretched PCL
11/09/07 L ankle dislocation/medial avulsion #
25/05/09 L ankle medial avulsion # AGAIN!
05/06/13 R ankle dislocation

SL99

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2003, 09:42:07 PM »
Glad the site is helpful for you Liz. As you say there are some things that just don't need  traslanting arn't there? I guess OW and screaming at the top your head are pretty universal!  ::) Again welcome to the board and it's brilliant to find another lizard!  ;D

Helena - I'm presuming that you'd prefer me not tell the fellow KneeGeeks what you've just said about them?!  ;) LoL, only kidding it must be great to be able to talk in your language for a change...

Love and hugs...Jo
xx

Offline Leentje

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • ER nursing rules !!!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2003, 09:53:11 PM »

Helena - I'm presuming that you'd prefer me not tell the fellow KneeGeeks what you've just said about them?!  

Oooooooooh Jo  you're so right! I hope kno-one will translate what I said about y'all!!!!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D LOL!!!!

Helena :P ;)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2003, 09:53:33 PM by Helena »
Bilat patellar malalignment/PFdysplasia
00/06/83 L wrist #
11/12/00 L knee LR + chondroplasty
21/08/02 L knee TTT
02/03/04 L knee stretched PCL
11/09/07 L ankle dislocation/medial avulsion #
25/05/09 L ankle medial avulsion # AGAIN!
05/06/13 R ankle dislocation

Offline lizthelounger

• Regular Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2003, 01:31:06 AM »
Helena, thanks SO much. (My lips are sealed about what you said in Dutch...!! They'll never know!) ;)

And Jo, like Latin, swear words are also often the same in other languages!! I speak, read, dream and hum in Dutch, but when I experienced the most unbelievable pain in the world (no, not childbirth - after the anesthetic wore off on my knee) I swore in English.
Go figure...!

Thanks both you guys!!

Liz