Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee pain after prolonged periods of sitting  (Read 852 times)

Offline ZealotAssasin

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee pain after prolonged periods of sitting
« on: May 04, 2009, 02:14:43 AM »
Well here's my brief history... I had a partial medial plica excision on my left knee after experiencing knee pain I got from running.  I've been doing rehab exercises on my own for 3 months and decided that maybe I could try running.  So I started off doing 4 sets of 3 minutes of running with about a minute of walking in between.  It felt decent, I knew I was overcompensating on my right leg but there was barely any pain.  I did the same thing for 5 days, but ont he 6th after I finished the run I felt like I had an extremely sore quad.  The next morning when I got out of bed, my knee was almost buckling and unstable.  It took about 15 minutes of walking around to get it finally to walk without buckling (warming it up I guess).  So I stopped running and reverted back to cycling/aquajogging.  Now I've done it for the cycling for a week, thinking that it would slowly get back to where it was.  But whenever I wake up or stand after a period of sitting, my left knee will be really unstable.  I feel a lot of pain on my quad right above my kneecap and also a lot of tightness in the back of my knee (hamstring area).

I'm not sure what to do, as rehab was going pretty decently and I could actually walk around/stand up without any pain whatsoever.  I feel like I took several steps backward in terms of rehab.

Thanks

Offline achybrakeyknees

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Knee pain after prolonged periods of sitting
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 12:16:16 AM »
That's exactly how I felt before I found out I have osteoarthritis.  Hopefully that's not your problem.   Sorry, not much help, but I wish you the best. 
Lisa