Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACL Op on Tuesday  (Read 691 times)

Offline pelton

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ACL Op on Tuesday
« on: May 03, 2009, 08:21:06 PM »
Hi all
About 8 weeks ago injured my right knee at a motocross event, after being on crutches for a week with a big knee the crutches were taken away and I could hobble around, a week after that I saw the doc again and he drained fluid from the knee.  After another week I saw a different doc, he examined me and booked a mri scan, 2 weeks later I had scan, didnt see doc for another 2 weeks for results.  On arriving for results appointment I was told the doc couldnt see me and my next appointment would be 3 weeks time.  I asked if anyone could look at my mri and tell me the results and finally got someone to do it.  Have been diagnosed with complete acl tear and miniscus problems.  He said they would probably only do miniscus repair to start then only do acl opp if i really needed it after.  My work involves a lot of kneeling [golf course mechanic] and I am very competitive at my motorcyle racing.  At the moment my treatment has been nhs but after many discussions with friends/doctors and looking at various websites I am now going to have a private op in Belgium on Tuesday which I am paying for myself.  As I write this now I don't have pain and my movement is fairly good but for a limp.  I know from Wednesday I will have a lot of rehab to do.

Paul

Offline pelton

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: ACL Op on Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 10:18:34 AM »
Hi everyone
I had opp in Belgium on Tuesday at about 2pm and went back to hotel about six,on wednesday was driven home.I now have a knee brace and crutches for about four weeks and no motor racing for six months :'(I have a knee ache which isnt to bad and can be controlled by painkillers.Lots of physio to come.Paul.