Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: here we go again! 5th break in 2 yrs!!GRRRR  (Read 1007 times)

gigi67

here we go again! 5th break in 2 yrs!!GRRRR
« on: April 16, 2009, 04:29:40 PM »
youve got to b kidding me. well if my ORIF two yrs ago, broken foot , RSDS in foot and then hardware removal in 2008 followed by fractured tibia  to the same bad leg wasnt enough..all the posts Ive made about doing good n gettin my life back..well again I was walking last night..took five steps away from my car on flat pavement...wasnt wet, no holes, , my right ankle( the good guy ) turned over in mid step, all the weight pushed down on my turned over ankle on a paved parking lot...wala! a broken fibula tip..
now my bad guy is not ready for the work load that is fixn to be required of it..I was told in rehab tuesday that only my middle quad muscle is doing all the work, my inner thigh and outer muscles to the hip have become lazy and so that keeps the patella pulled a bit sideways and causes some of the pain Ive been feeling..so your standard muscle imbalance...well.. now my body has to figure out how to engage those muscles asap for this little emergency to compensate for the good guys new lazy state!
 I have only been to th Er last night. my OS is " tripple booked" and cant c me so his phys. assistant will c me tomorrow morning for any more x rays and casting. My fear is that the"  good guy gone bad routine" is going to snow ball into a series of medical crimes for my bad leg...with the rsd and thin bones and lazy muscles and Chrondomalacia,,, blah blah blah.. my head is reeling with endless possibilities :
will my right leg get rsds too now? will I get stress fractures to my bad leg from the thin bones from bearing all the weight when its used to being babied and letting the other guy carry the heavier load . I cant get any fractured to the bad leg...I cant have both legs broken at the same time my son works///good grief  this is soooo stupid!
I am so frustrated n scared...I told my family last night " soon I will be receiving treatment from a physcologist for my extreme fear Ive developed from all of this: " fear-of falling, fear of breaking something else" Ill become the longest record for never leaving  home..they will have to label me  "  crippled -by -phobic- paranoia-" and I will require heavy sedation just to place my feet on the ground each day LOL  :P
I am trying to maintain humor as a coping method...but I dont mind tellin you i am reachin deep here.
Signed, " GiGi broken in 67 pieces!" ::)

Offline Caroline109

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: here we go again! 5th break in 2 yrs!!GRRRR
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 08:46:14 PM »
I can't answer much, but I was wondering if anyone suggested you be checked for osteoporosis since your bones seem to break easily?
Caroline
Chronic low platelet count
Men. surgery, both knees 2003,2007,2008
R PKR Sept. 17, 2008 - Biomet Oxford Partial
LK-TKR 4/21/2010 Biomet Vanguard Signature Knee
Scar tissue issue next to TKR knee
March 2, 2011: PKR to be revised to a TKR

gigi67

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 09:31:38 PM »
oh yes I do in fact have osteopenia and am currently being treatd for that but it seems it is not working. some have mentioned a calcium malabsorption problem. as soon as I heal  I will see  someone about looking into that further. Got my cast today. at least i had painted my toes before this happened ;)

gigi67

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 04:59:29 PM »
okay well the bad knee is very unhappy about this whole situation. it is of course having to bear the weight and was not ready for such a work load.  every time i have to get up and down I have to put the weight on the l knee and it is sure upset about that. it even became hot to the touch yesterday. I am taking feldine/ piroxicam generic name for inflammation but ist still inflamed. also my old break line of my l lower tibia is hurting and evn though my RSDS has been essentially in burn out. it is starting to hurt again.. I cant get comfortable..whatever position Im in is still the wrong one...I know I sound like a gaint baby with all my complaining  but frankly thats how i feel at the time. >:(
I amtrying to keep everything exercised the best I can with my limitations SLR's basically about it but that is making my good knee hurt I guess from the weight of the cast?

I dont know why Im even writing all this...just journaling I suppose!

gigi67

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 04:46:19 AM »
well the good news is that its been 4 weeks and so far everything is going okay...no stress fractures yet... and believge it or not but the bad knee has been forced to become stronger... I can stand on it much longer and Im no longer in overbearing pain I was the first two weeks. the dr said in a couple more weeks I can remove the cast. on another hopeful note...perhaps this will help blalnce things out a bit..my left leg was so weak and is now stronger and the right was strong and now  is weaker so perhaps that will aid in some muscle imbalance issues I had...
this is spring # 3 I have missed and spent in a wheelchair...but this will be off soon and summer will be here and provided I keep those nasty stress fractures at bay I will have a little fun this summer at least.

support