Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Advice on this problem which is happening to my good knee??  (Read 1051 times)

Smith18

Advice on this problem which is happening to my good knee??
« on: April 15, 2009, 02:01:46 PM »
Hi all,

Basically I have my problems in my left knee which are slowly being sorted well after months of physo.  Problem is now after years of having knee pain.problem in my left knee my right knee has started to go funny and I dont even though what is wrong it so weird. 

I can be kneeling on a floor and when I get up the pain is so horrible am back on the floor again.  It as if my tendon/muscle in at the back of my knee has got caught and snaps back in place.  This has happened a few times now and my right knee is starting to hurt as well.

Any ideas?  Am worried in case my doc thinks am just putting it on.

Thanks

Smith

Smith18

Re: Advice on this problem which is happening to my good knee??
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 03:46:37 PM »
I have had a look at some knee pics and it looks like it might be my lateral collateral ligament, but not sure

Offline ipswich1984

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Advice on this problem which is happening to my good knee??
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 09:19:08 PM »
Im in a similar boat, I had patella realignment surgery on my right knee last month and when I had a GP come to see me post op she noticed my left knee patella didnt look in the right place either.

Ive always had pains in my left knee but put this down to the problems with my right knee which is a lot worse.

I have an appointment with the consultant to check my recovery and my GP wants me to get my left knee looked at, I plan too get mine checked over but I had the same thought as you that they would think that there is nothing wrong.

If you are having physio or are still seeing an OS I would definetly get it looked at.

November 2005 - Arthroscopy RK.
December 2006 - LR RK.
Febuary 2008 -
RK Subluxation. Back to physio.
October 2008 -
Put on waiting list for TTT/LR.
Told I have Hypermobile joints.
March 2009 -
TTT/LR RK.
11th Jan -
OS agreed removal of screws
5th Feb 2010 -