Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: HELP! Leg is vibrating with weightbearing!  (Read 934 times)

Offline blusky_1

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
    • My Webshots Albums
HELP! Leg is vibrating with weightbearing!
« on: August 28, 2003, 06:34:31 AM »
All of a sudden, my whole right leg is vibrating violently when I bear even the slightest amount of weight on it! I stood up from taking a bath, and felt unstable in the knee. As soon as I got out and started to dry off, my leg started this! It isn't causing any kind of unusual pain, just making it VERY difficult to move around! I went ahead and broke the ice pack out of the freezer and have my leg propped. Think it is just pressure form some internal swelling causing this?! If it is still doing it in the morning, I'll definitely call my OS. I went and showed my roommate and it freaked him out! It is like when someone has a really bad case of nerves and has a bad shake when they hold out their hands....but much more violent. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I be concerned?  :-/

Brooke
Arthroscopy 8/8/03 - partial meniscectomy (x2), chondroplasty, lateral release (failed). 1/04 - dx with "miserable alignment". 11/04 - dx patella baja.

Offline Heather M.

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
    • Check out my photography!
Re: HELP! Leg is vibrating with weightbearing!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 08:21:13 AM »
Sounds like a strange kind of muscle spasm, maybe from fatiguing the muscles in PT etc?  

Heather
Scope #1: LR, part. menisectomy w/cyst, chondroplasty
#2-#5: Lysis of adhesions/scar tissue, AIR, patellar tendon debridement, infections, MUA, insufflation
#6: IT band release / Z-Plasty, synovectomy, LOA/AIR, chondroplasty
2006 Arthrofibrosis, patella baja
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmaxwell

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 12:54:00 PM »
Hi Brooke,

I'm glad that you are planning to call the os if this isn't feeling any better.  That should give you some help at the  most or peace of mind at the very least and those are both valuable things.

Good luck, rest, and take care of yourself--Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline blusky_1

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
    • My Webshots Albums
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 04:33:28 PM »
Well, I iced it until the ice pack wasn't cold anymore last night and took a darvocet. Woke up just fine this morning. Hoping to hear back from the therapist today and I'll run the episode past him. Sure was creepy!
Arthroscopy 8/8/03 - partial meniscectomy (x2), chondroplasty, lateral release (failed). 1/04 - dx with "miserable alignment". 11/04 - dx patella baja.