Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Euflexxa injections - How long do they last?  (Read 7275 times)

Offline 22rdda

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Euflexxa injections - How long do they last?
« on: April 23, 2009, 10:46:09 PM »
I had a debridement arthroscopy 10 months ago - helped but not completely as OS discovered two lesions - bone on bone. Classic overuse. I had a round of Euflexxa injections (not rooster combs like Synvisc, but engineered bacteria) in February and they kicked in three weeks after the last injection, but as of a few days ago, it seems to be wearing off and I am just short of a panic. How often can one receive these injections...I was under the impression that it is every six months. If that's the case, I think that I'm sunk and will have to consider ACI although the recovery sounds time consuming and challenging...anyone else in this boat? I got the injections as I was becoming too dependent on ibuprofen with only mediocre results. Yikes, this is daunting!

Offline CaptJeff

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Euflexxa injections - How long do they last?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 05:25:28 AM »
I got about 6 months out of orthovisc in my left knee. I got euflexxa injections in the same knee in June of 08 and it is still going strong. My surgeon told me that my body would tell me when we needed to inject it again. Hope this helps.