Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Please help....reinjured knee?  (Read 1016 times)

Offline califnative

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Please help....reinjured knee?
« on: March 23, 2009, 02:08:47 PM »
Hello all.  I'm new to this board.

I had ACL reconstruction 5 weeks ago.  I've been off the crutches for two weeks and will be off the brace this Friday (though when I'm home, etc. I take it off)

I've got 128 degrees of flexion and nearly at full extension.  I did a lot of prehab and I go to PT.

Here's my issue:  I did something VERY stupid this weekend.  My sister had a going away party and I drank...alot...and we did some dancing, etc., though I was always congnizant of my knee. 

The next morning, my knee was just a little sore, but not swollen at all.  I called the dr. on call and asked if it was possible to reinjure my knee by dancing.  He said probably not as long as I didn't fall (which I did not).

My question is this:  since this was an allograft (cadaver) and obviously the graft has not healed fully, how would I know if I reinjured it or if I did something to hurt the graft?  Would it be the same as when I first injured my knee (extreme pain, swelling, etc.)  I am going to the PT tonight and will ask my therapist to do the Lachman's or something...I was doing so well in rehab that I don't have an appt with the doctor for another two weeks.

Please tell me...would I know if I hurt it?

Thanks....

Offline laura26

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Please help....reinjured knee?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 12:00:49 AM »
Hi! 

I went out last night...worried about exactly the same thing as you were!  Was just wondering if you ever got an answer to your question?  Was the knee ok?  Mine was a hamstring autograft but I'm also curious about how you would know if you had hurt it/caused the graft to fail?

Thanks,

Laura
ACL complete rupture playing lacrosse - 13th October 2009
ACLr (hamstring autograft) - 17th June 2010

support