Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Anyone ?  (Read 1983 times)

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
  • They sed this wouldnt last, well there wrong!!!!!!
Anyone ?
« on: March 19, 2009, 01:12:39 AM »
Hello all who read this,

i had a cortisone shot on monday the 9th and instead of helping me it spiked my pain to a constant 7-8 and no relieve ::) :o ???
so here is my question should i be concerned and call my doc or wait it out?

i also have been having knee pain when doing my excerises to strengthen my knee to where it was before surgery. when i went to pt to be evaluated again they had my stand on my bad leg and lift up my up my good leg and i instantly shook and i had no stability. so i was given knee excerises to help. i then went home a did them well when i went to go do them i felt insistant pain in and under my kneecap very painful where i couldnt bend my knee or put weight on it and the pain was so bad it was  an 11 on the scale of 1-10. it is like my knee needs to pop in order to feel better but it wont pop. ??? :o

it only happens when i bend down to do lundges either way i do them.
and when i stand and pick up my good leg and all my weight  on the bad leg and take my good leg and touch the floor with my foot and bed the bad leg so i can regain the stablilty, but when i do that i end up with a sharp, dull, achy pain. the physical therapists i talked to and saw didnt seem to be comcerned and looked at me like it was nothing and didnt even think to look at my knee to make sure it wasnt out of place

anyone who can help i would appericate it if need more infro  feel free to message me
-heather
*25 years old
* right scope aug 16-plica removal-sheet
* left scope dec 18-lateral release and plica removal,partial synovectomy,and debridement
 2 cortisone shots
*left scope sept 13-ttt,and lateral release,well see what else? And placed 2 screws

gigi67

Re: Anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 02:43:34 AM »
I experienced pain after injections in my foot and was told its normal the first few days  due to crystals that form after injections and once the crystals dissolve the pain will subside. u r suppose to avoi activity after injections and elevate n ice..did they tell you that? I was told that anyway..I was told " do NOTHING after an injection..go home and do nothing" very sternly..

if your stability is off you should know...mine was so bad I couldnt even lift half of my foot off the ground..in fact I couldnt budge it soooo for my rehab I was made to do the following very basic things"

stand on one leg( well try to) working my way up to holding on one leg for a minute...man o man I couldnt even budge it like I said but..after daily practice...ta da...I can now stand on one leg on both legs..even the one I had three boken bones in. also walk with one foot in front of the other ( tight rope walking motion) well. the first time I tried that I literally hyperventilated---saw stars and couldnt breath..every step i tried to take I cried tears and cried out in pain..but faithfully I tried every day several times per day...in time..no problem.

also I was made to walk on just my heels..again with tears in the beginning but it got better
and to walk criss cross legged.... along with a tilt box,  toe raises, and a  balance board.

these were all very basic things I did in grammar school and I thought they were a joke and I was getting ripped off..but they were the very things that after 7 visits I laid down my crutches and when I had been to " regular" therapy twice before that and after probably 20 visits I was still hobbling with crutches...its called " proprioception" exercise and  you can feel it working from your foot all the way in your legs but it is what i attribute ( along with going to the swimming pool) to walking again after 13 months of agony and failure in other forms of rehab...7 visits and the crutches were gone! no fancy machines, just very basic stuff. ...Of course with that said. we r all different and it may not work but ask your rehab spec. about it and even your dr.  anyway give that a try..remember to take your meds before going to therapy..take it e-z after injections and ice. c if that helps!

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 03:03:18 AM »
thank you for your reply  i was told the same thing to go home and relax i didnt have pt until monday of the next week. i do propriception with hurdles with my eyes closed no problem. i can throw the ball against the backboard while standing on the injured leg  and throw the ball 90x without even budging the injection has been almost 2 weeks. but iam stumped cause iam in more pain than i was before surgery why?

-heather
*25 years old
* left scope dec 18-lateral release and plica removal,partial synovectomy,and debridement
 2 cortisone shots
*left scope sept 13-ttt,and lateral release,well see what else? And placed 2 screws

gigi67

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 05:29:51 PM »
well  sometimes the pain with rehab is referred to as  " waking up" the dr's tell you everything is waking up again, the enrves are all firing, going crazy, learning to " re-route themselves" and so that can be part of it but you feel like this is " off the chart pain" I would corner your Os and get some much needed answers. sometimes the extra pain is nerve related.....when he gave the cortisone shot he could have really hit a nerve. I am sorry...I know how frustrating that is and you are young  so youre anxious to get back into life esp with the warmer weather here.  you can always opt for a 2nd opinion...I just had to corner my OS and say " I need to know why am I in so much pain!"

before he finally stopped side stepping the issue and gave me straight forward answers. I hope you will find relief soon.

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 03:21:06 PM »
its been three weeks and no relief in site  i had called him to find out why? i cant walk without pain and stairs forget it and bending nope i know with the surgery i had it takes time to heal but iam in more pain than i was before surgery. the pt excerises they gave me i was told to stop doing them because of the pain   i still havent heard form him it will be four weeks on monday with the cortisone shot.
so well see, thank you for your replies

the pain seems to be in my knee and under my kneecap and also left and right sides on the outer portion of my kneecap. iam just stumped and confused on what to do next,cause pt made it worse rather than better,it helped in some aspects but not many

-heather
*25 years old
 2 cortisone shots

gigi67

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 07:18:32 PM »
wow I  really feel your frustration. Just get realy firm with the dr..sometimes we gotta do that..Im sorry you r experiencing this. I have to go next wednesday for my first check up in over a year and I figure hes gonna want to give me an injection but Im not sure I should now after reading your experience...if I can put off any further anything  maybe I should... we will c i guess. i really hope you get relief very soon..keep hounding your OS..keep calling dont give up.

Offline triplecancer

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 05:16:05 PM »
I received a cortisone shot in my right knee 17 months ago when I couldn't bend it at all. I had to walk straight-legged into the doctor. I have had no problems since except that it buckled on me twice lately. The doctor said it's no problem, his does too  :) I have a cane I carry incase it becomes a problem. In the meantime, my left knee hurt and this time the doctor did surgery Oct. 10 last year. I have had a swollen vastus lateralis tendon pain (I looked it up) for which he prescribed a "knee sleeve" that I am to wear during the day and see him in 3 months. I am happy with the situation although I had hoped to  make one more snow board run on the (Sun Valley) mountain before my 75  birthday in June! Obviously I have nothing to complain about but you do, and, if I were you, I would check out another doctor or two.
JeanJ

Offline michelel

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 06:51:01 PM »
I remember having an injection in my knee before, prob 6 or 8 years ago.  I was having alot of pain and didnt remember specifically injuring it.  My OS (who had done 3 of my 4 knee surgeries at the time) wanted to try the cortisone injection, so we went for it.  OMG, I can still remember the PAIN it was awful my knee was hurting so much more than prior to the injection.  I mean it was bad, I can sympathize with you I really can.  Turns out it was a torn meniscus, and I had to have a scope to fix it, and was fine afterwards.  So maybe you have something else going on with your knee.  Tell your OS you want an MRI and dont let him talk you out of it.  Good luck Heather.
PEACE & LOVE
Michele
Right Knee:  1983 meniscal tear scope debridment &lateral release. 1991, 1997, 2001
2003 scope meniscal tears. 
8-08 MFX MFC lesion FAILED.
 4-09 Went in for OATS-not a canidate.
 6-09 Uni Right MFC.

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 03:29:08 PM »
michelel-
sorry iam so late getting back to you, thank you for your reply and im now just waiting to hear from my doc he said he is not sure whats up he said surgery should have done it but now that i have different symptoms when i go see him ill request an mri. when i bend down it feels as if there is a rock in my knee and it wont move. iam stuck because every excerise i do from pt seems to make it worse not better any ideas?

triplecancer-
thats good news but not about your buckling on you. congrats i hope you get to snowboard before june, keep me posted. iam tryiing to get in touch with my doc because he knows my situation and to go to another doc right now its months before i can see them so ill  wait it out and see  and ill keep you posted

-heather
*25 years old
 2 cortisone shots

Offline michelel

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 09:34:38 PM »
Good luck Heather, deffinately sounds like a torm meniscus,  Hopefully it want be long before youll get the MRI and then the scope.  Then you can get back to your life back.  Keep your head up.
PEACE & LOVE
Michele
Right Knee:  1983 meniscal tear scope debridment &lateral release. 1991, 1997, 2001
2003 scope meniscal tears. 
8-08 MFX MFC lesion FAILED.
 4-09 Went in for OATS-not a canidate.
 6-09 Uni Right MFC.

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 01:56:21 AM »
thank you michelel.
ill keep you posted i see him on the 27th so ill see how it goes from there
*25 years old
 2 cortisone shots

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 10:28:03 PM »
well iam going for my mri tonight to see why iam in so much pain all the time. when i went and saw him he said well its either surgery again to see whats up or the mri and i choose the mri  well ill keep everyone posted. im stumped i dont know what else to do?
*25 years old
 2 cortisone shots

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 07:29:11 PM »
The mri showed mild chrondromalacia patella< which i already knew thats why he did the scope in the first place and an horizontal intracleavage tear of the meniscus without extension to the surface. iam :o cause the mri show stuff. he said there maybe scar tissue again.

Can anyone help me, should i get surgery before the tear gets bigger or wait it out not sure?

what would be the next step iam on celebrax to help with the pain. the pain is about 7-9 everyday. do you think the surgery would help or make it worse. is there something else they can do to fix it?

-heather
*25 years old
 2 cortisone shots

support