Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: MCL Strain gone better  (Read 1183 times)

Offline obie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
MCL Strain gone better
« on: March 14, 2009, 01:11:23 AM »
I hope this will bring hope to those who are going through this:  Back in November, I must of hurt my knee. I started feeling a little pain on my right knee. I thought it would go away on its own by not carrying anything heavy.  Christmas came and went and my knee was bad.  I hadn't been able to bend it without pain. One weekend, a friend came to visit and we went everywhere. I sat on the back seat since another friend was driving. It was painful to bend my knee. I would sit on the car and very slowly put my leg in.  When my friend left, I used moist heat on my knee to relieve it from the pain that I felt I(Doctor told me this was the worst thing I could've done).  I wasn't in bad pain but I felt something.  I guess I felt my knee swollen inside. The next day, I could barely walk.  I couldn't bend my knee whats so ever. My co-workers insisted that I see a doctor.  So after 6 weeks of feeling my knee the way I felt it I saw my doctor and he told me I had an MCL Strain. He gave me a brace to wear for 3 weeks.  It was hard walking and sleeping with this brace on my knee.  Everything was hard to do.  After 3 weeks, I took it off and I couldn't bend my knee.  I started to stretch my knee little by little without feeling pain.  I would massage it and slowly I noticed that I could bend my knee an inch and then another and then anonther.  It's been 4 weeks since I took off the brace and can bend my knee all the way but I still feel something in there.  It's getting better everyday.  There were days that I would cry because I couldn't do anything.  I was frustrated, especially because for the past 2 1/2 years, I had been going through other health issues and it was one thing after another.  I'd like to just say to those who go through knee problems to be patient and follow doctors orders.  When it seems that things aren't getting better, they are.  It takes time and patience and believe me, I've had plenty of patience with my health issues.  I thank God that my injury wasn't a bad one that required surgery but to be honest, I was worried since the doctor did tell me that if the brace didn't work, we would have to have an MRI and go from there.  God Bless!