Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: lump when bending thigh  (Read 3085 times)

Offline bishop808

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
lump when bending thigh
« on: March 11, 2009, 09:10:37 PM »
When I bend my left thigh a lump pops out it seem that the tendon is swollen, I believe it is my vastus lateralis where it connects to the knee. when I straighten my leg everything is alright, when i bend it a lump pops up. Any one have any ideas what is going on?

Offline HARPER77

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: lump when bending thigh
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 03:11:27 PM »
You might of ruptured ur quad at sometime?

I have similar lump on my thigh when my knee is bent and a slight dent when when my knee is straight.  I ran into some fencing and apparantly ruptured my quad muscle.  I Didn't find this out til I tore my meniscus playing football on the same leg.  I am having m0re bother with my knee after surgery to my meniscus all because my quad was ruptured and is unbalanced now.

Offline carly1

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: lump when bending thigh
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 01:00:15 AM »
I have this also, I shattered my patella 6/08 and have been in therapy three times a week since. I am six weeks post op of my second surgery to remove the hardware. The lump developed on the lateral side of the quad about two months before the second surgery. It feels a little funky but doesnt really hurt. Asked my os about it and he said it could be scar tissue....doesn't sound right to me. Pt doesnt know what it is either. I dont think it could be a ruptured tendon or even a torn tendon because there would be serious pain with that.... did you do anything to your knee, does it hurt? Please post if you find out more about your problem.

support