Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: torn quad ( rectus femoris ) muscle  (Read 9331 times)

Offline mickyboy79

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
torn quad ( rectus femoris ) muscle
« on: March 11, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »
Can anyone help me and tell me what is wrong.

i tore my quad muscle ( rectus femoris ) whilst playing football when i kicked the ball i felt a sharp pain and could hardly walk on it before xmas i rested for 3 weeks and then tried to play where as soon as i kicked the ball i tore the muscle again.
I Then went to a sports therapist who told me i had a grade 2 tear of the muscle, he gave me a massage and told me to rest for 5 -6 weeks. after 4 weeks i went back to him where he massaged the muscle again and said the muscle feels fine with no knots and thay i can keep to the schedule of 5-6 weeks.

After 6 weeks i played football and after 30 mins of warming up i tried to take a goalkick off the floor and i again tore the muscle.

The problem i have at the moment is that i have a hard lump about 3-4 inches long and an inch wide, its quite hard to touch where the rest of the muscle is soft.

Is this a problem i need to get checked out or something i can do to rectify it?

Offline HARPER77

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: torn quad ( rectus femoris ) muscle
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 04:44:34 PM »
Hello, i ran into a fence whilst drunk and damaged my quad muscle.  I didnt get it checked out and now i have a permanant lump about the same size as urs where my quod has ruptured and a gap just above it.  I then tore my meniscus cartilage not long after that playing football which i have been told was because of the quad rupture and lack of stability above my knee.  I have been told my my physio that they wont do a operation on my quad as its been so long and not worth the trouble so it looks like my football days are over.

It sounds like u have ruptured ur quad and the lump might be permanant.  Get it checked out asap.

All the best m8.