Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: New here and have a question about compounded cream for pain...  (Read 1063 times)

Offline JennRock123

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I have knee issues for years, I almost amputated my right leg at the knee around 17 years ago, barely nicked the bone but have had issues since....Problem is it is both knees, with the right one (the one injured at wreck) the worst.  I get pockets of fluid under the kneecaps that are squishy, so I am assuming it is fluid.  Went to one ortho had to get PT and X-rays and was diagnosed with chondromalacia patellafemoral syndrome.  They wanted to drain knees  but I was scared.  Now the past 2 weeks I have been in agony, been elevating and icing both knees and have an appt with new ortho on Wend.  A friend of mine had similar problems and was prescribed a compounded cream it says on the bottle KET?GAB/CL/EM/AMI/KETO he gets great relief from this.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  Any comments on this or have you used it with relief?  I used tons of EMU cream with no relief, and used Vicoprofen in the past with some relief...Can anyone give me some advice, and tell me how bad it is to have fluid drained and cortisone injected?  Can I go back to work the same day?

Thanks in advance,

EMTJenn

support