Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Two meniscus surgeries on same knee w/little relief.  (Read 1516 times)

Offline 380th

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Two meniscus surgeries on same knee w/little relief.
« on: March 08, 2009, 08:26:42 PM »
Hey everyone!

A short history of my knee, I had arthro on my knee in Aug 08 to remove some torn medial meniscus.  I then had another round of surgery in Nov 08.  It is now March 09 and my knee  pain is not much better, in fact it seems to be giving way more than ever.  I also have pain in my upper calf ever since the last surgery, and pain from one end of my knee cap to the other.  I cannot jog 20 ft without pain.  My knee seems to have no "spring" in it, maybe due to half my meniscus being removed?  I am actually getting depressed about the whole thing.  I cannot due the things I could before.  PLEASE HELP!!

Offline brandy77

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Two meniscus surgeries on same knee w/little relief.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 05:53:26 PM »
HI there,

I may be about to have surgey on my left medial meniscus tear, my surgeon said that this time it may need to come out completely but he wants to wait on my ultrasound and mri scan. My knee has never had the same feel to it since my first op and my surgeon said that if my medial is removed then the chances of getting arthritis is high !!!

To exercise i took up swimming to strengthen my leg muscles and aqua areobics to keep fit till i was ready to commence runnning again, which i did in about 6 to8 months, with light gym work after. you may try doing that, it may work for you ? just might get some stick about doing aqua aerobics with all the grannies from ur mates !!