Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: What Next... Failed OATS  (Read 16470 times)

Offline Shelbylw

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: What Next... Failed OATS
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 02:51:00 AM »
News!!! I finally got the report from my MRI... All I have to do is ask and I can get whatever I want from my family doc..love him, he's the best!!  Well, its says in the report that there are cystic changes within the medial femoral condyle at the surgical site. The overlying cartilage is thin and irregular. There are cystic bony changes at the site of the previous surgical repair. That's really all it say's, its open to your translation...

I still have to wait until September to see the surgeon, but at least I have the results of this now.  I do have cystic stuff going on in there... Now I guess I just have to wait and see to what extent this all is.  But at least I know I'm not crazy like my last OS was starting to make me feel.  When I left his office last he made me feel like it was all in my head!!  Now I have the proof that it really is in my knee and not in my head...  Hopefully they can fix this.  I don't really know what they are going to do to fix it, maybe another graft, maybe the necrosis treatment? I don't know, just getting frustrated with the long wait, but at least this is a step in the right direction.

Open to interpretation and opinion, realisitially positive please... ;)

Shelby